Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rescue Remedy

krdahmer
October 18th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Well Funeral is over and sobbing has somewhat subsided, (thanks to all again for your support and kind words ;) )...so back to the kitties! I have a question about the Rescue Remedy I've seen mentioned on here once in a while. I bought some for myself to use this last week and it certainly does calm you...but if I were to administer it for a cat, what kind of a dose? For me it said 4 drops on the tongue or in 30mL of water, and I was wondering if any of you had used it on a cat and how much you used? :D

Lucky Rescue
October 18th, 2004, 08:30 AM
You can give 4 - 8 drops twice a day. You can put it directly in the cat's mouth, but it would much easier to put it into a little of the gravy in the cat's food. Or you can put it into a tablespoon of the food, then give the cat the rest of it's meal.:)

krdahmer
October 18th, 2004, 11:29 AM
really? that much! :eek: That is twice the dose I took! Is it meant to put the cat right to sleep or just calm it down? Or is it because it is homeopathic that it is safe for cats to have that much? :confused: I would only use it on mine for the 3 and a half hour drive to the in-laws, and perhaps for the mother and father feral cats when I take them to and from getting fixed....