Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Options for dry baths

Koteburo
March 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hi :D

Our 18 year old goddess here has VERY long fur which we trim and she has never been much of a groomer and now that she's older although she's in good shape she barely grooms AND she ALWAYS manages to get her coat all dirty, always gray instead of white with black spots of god knows where does she go to take a nap around the garden.
Whenever she takes a bath whether at the vet or by us she gets really depressed for about 3 days and seems that every time she bathes it's more stressing and depressing and takes her longer to snap out of her discomfort due to having a bath so we don't want to bathe her anymore. So I was thinking what could be really good to remove all the dirt in dry or at least not wet as in bath wet.
She always manages to get really dirty even with her trimmed fur.
Anyone knows something that could work for all her fur coat that actually drags and removes the dirt from her?
:party: Thx!
The goddess in her already trimmed fur version below
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527814_10151533358460140_284187342_n.jpg

marko
March 24th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Hmmm - I hope others have ideas but I agree on stopping baths if it stresses her out to much at this point in her life.

Does she tolerate being shaved? Does she tolerate being wiped down?

Maybe one of those mitts might help...

(I just googled this...I have no affiliation with this person)
http://www.amazon.ca/Four-Paws-435180-Glove-Grooming/dp/B002USK6X6

Koteburo
March 24th, 2013, 11:33 AM
shaving her has a similar effect as baths for her. I remember once she got a lion's cut:D but later on got sun burnt :wall:
The mitts sound like something she would just LOVE. The massage, the attention and help with the tangles :lovestruck:

Barkingdog
March 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Have you tried the pets wipe for cats? I tried giving one of my cat a bath and I am lucky to still be alive. He became a little lion with claws and teeth going after me.

Koteburo
March 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Have you tried the pets wipe for cats? I tried giving one of my cat a bath and I am lucky to still be alive. He became a little lion with claws and teeth going after me.

LOL :D

Yeah, I use them on the Canada crew because they're fatties and sometimes the butt needs a cleaning boost :laughing:
They hate it too haha but the wipes do their job so I could also try them on Hilda.