Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why they are the way the are.

LavenderRott
October 17th, 2004, 02:42 PM
This link was provided by woman who does rescue work with pit bulls. She is very active in the fight against BSL also.

The facts in this link are indisputable. The pictures show the hell that some of these dog endure before they die. If you have a weak stomach at all, DO NOT open this link!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716/

If it were up to me, this video would be shown on every major television station in the free world. Maybe then, people would think to put the blame where it belongs. On MAN. Not beast.

lilith_rizel
October 17th, 2004, 03:01 PM
What is the link to the site?

LavenderRott
October 17th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Whoops! :sorry:

lilith_rizel
October 17th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Oh my. What horrible pictures. The worst one is the one where the pit had his insides torn out :eek: I can't believe people would do such things at dog fights with such a loving creature. It is the few monster of owners that give the breed the bad name. It is the same with rotties. I feel so bad that people misjudge such things, just because of such things.

Thank you for posting that video. Maybe it may change some people's perspective of the "bad breeds" and make them see that it is actually the human that is the one a fault, and not the breed.

Required_Fields
October 18th, 2004, 09:23 AM
This abuse is why I support banning pitbulls. Their suffering needs to end, there are too many losers getting pitbull puppies and either abusing them, or abandoning them. While this is very sad, it's also good news for thousands of unborn puppies and the breed which will finally be left in peace away from human cruelty.
It is bad news, however, for other breeds which are bound to end up in the hands of ownwers who would have otherwise settled for pitbulls...Unfortunately...

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 09:51 AM
I bawled, at work while watching this. I have forwarded it to Citytv, Global, CTV and Toronto1. I asked that they review the clip and seriously consider sharing the dogs side of the story. I doubt it will happen, but I hope in sending it the news editors will at least review it and maybe consider doing a positive piece for the dogs.

mastifflover
October 18th, 2004, 09:58 AM
So because of the ignorance and lack of any human traits in the people that would do these things you agree that they should be banned. Well I guess when they pick another breed to do this to you will agree to banning them as well. That is not a solution to the problem it is merely a band aid. Education and criminal prosecution are what is needed. But Michael Bryant as yourself are just looking for a quick fix. This is horrific what has happened to these dogs I could not watch the whole thing I know what I am going to see. This has been going on for a long time this is not a new problem as some people think. They have never given the agencies the money they need to fight this problem and now they figure instead of admitting they have been part of the problem they choose to ban the breed and that will fix it so they think. Ah looking at the situation through government rose tinted glasses.

Required_Fields
October 18th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Well, obviously, I support other measures, which focus on responsible ownership. But for the time being, it would be good to reduce the number of trashy pitbull breeders and owners who are only going to inflict more suffering upon innocent dogs. An unborn pitbull is better off then a terribly mistreated one, wouldn't you say? We need to build a society that welcomes animals and promises humane treatment before bringing new ones into this world.
Obviously, I don't support any breeding at this point either. I think there are too many pets as is, and they need to be taken care of by loving and responsible owners now. There are hundreds of thousands of euthanised dogs in North America every day. There are probably just as many that are bred and born each day - many to be abandoned or subjected to harsh abuse. WHY? So there is a buck made in the transaction of selling them.

mastifflover
October 18th, 2004, 10:19 AM
I hear what you are saying but the only people that the ban is really going to affect is the responsible owners. Did you see the criminals lining up to register their guns by the same token do you think the people who do this to animals are going to abide by the laws. NO WAY. They will move further underground.

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I understand what you mean RF... breeding of pit bulls should be banned. All these dogs that are to be handed over to shelters within the next month will be killed. This is our little version of the holocaust. We will kill anything that looks like a pit bull. Who cares if it's someones beloved pet... if it comes to a shelter it will be killed.
I know that they are saying that anyone who has a pit bull is safe, their animals will not be killed, but what about those that just can't be bothered with the shunning, yelling, discrimination adnd turn their animal over, those dogs will never find a home...

Lucky Rescue
October 18th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I didn't look at the video. I already know pit bulls are one of the most exploited and abused creatures around. Their human submission makes it easy for pathetic scumbags to do this.

These bans are only hurting responsible owners like me and others on this board. Bans will not stop the kind of people who pervert and mistreat animals. Any large dog will do, once their pit bulls are taken away. So should breeds continue to be banned because there is no way to control these losers?

If abuse alone were enough reason to ban a breed, shouldn't greyhounds be banned as well? They are horribly mistreated.

mastifflover
October 18th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Well said Lucky I agree with you. It is like any breed they can be loving pets or vicious attack dogs. Well when these idiots move on to Presa's or Dogo's then they will ban these until all dogs are banned.

Luvmypit
October 19th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Oh dear that was horrific. I can't imagine that happening in Ontario or Toronto for that matter. Poor animals. Bad human! :mad: sad

LavenderRott
October 19th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Oh dear that was horrific. I can't imagine that happening in Ontario or Toronto for that matter. Poor animals. Bad human! :mad: sad

Sorry, but you can bet it is happening in just about every major city in the free world.

pitbulliest
October 19th, 2004, 06:45 PM
I'm sorry..but I was browsing through the posts..and someone mentioned not allowing this breed to be bred? I disagree with that..again, to me that is just a band aid to the problem. Its not the breeding that needs to be "banned"..its the breeders..the irresponsible breeders. There are pit bull breeders out there that are breeding these dogs for the betterment of the breed, but they are ever so rare.

With that being said, over 90% of pit bull breeders are BYB...but that goes for most breeders of ANY breed..so the solution isn't just to stop making dogs, its to ensure that people are responsible for their actions, and the lives they bring into this cruel world...and the simple truth is, those type of people are very rare in this world...everyone just cares about how to make a quick buck...there are the select few that give a damn..but they're rare...

Its sad...very very sad.

Sheriffmom
October 20th, 2004, 08:23 AM
I sent the deviantart link to all the MPPs and challenged them to watch it. I urged them to watch it through to the end. I wonder if any will. I cried through the whole thing.

lilpaws
October 26th, 2004, 02:25 PM
That was hard to watch. It is so hard for those of us who care about dogs in general to see and be reminded of the disgusting side of some people. As said earlier, it is so true that the ones responsible for this atrocities will just go underground. Why can't people understand this concept? There are so many other responsible ways to handle dog attacks. It is so sad.