Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sophie's Comming Home

Shaykeija
October 17th, 2004, 02:44 AM
I am Sophie's foster mom and she is comming home early next week. She is a pure bred Shih Tzu. I really missed her. I keep telling my husband that if he ever dies, I'm not getting another husband...I'm getting a shih tzu. They snore, burp and fart. He laughs about this. anyway Sophie had 5 puppies and they are all healthy and beautiful. If I could I'd take them all. :p
Just one question,does anyone here clip around their dogs eyes? What do you use? Blunt scizzors? I am going to try to keep her face cleaner. She has a lot of tear staining.

goldenblaze
October 17th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Good for you, enjoy her. Shih Tzu's are sweet Jordie is 4 and would never trade him for anything in the world. I have Jordie groomed every 9 weeks and I do cut near his face in between I just small scizzors. They will become ok with it as it is done often. Again enjoy here and lets see a photo :)

shihtzulover
October 18th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Hi, I have tried cutting around my Shih Tzu sophies eyes a couple times but I am so scared I never can do it. I take her to be groomed every 6 weeks, Her hair around her face seems to grow like a weed.
Our groomer will cut around her eyes for free if they get too bad in between spa days.
If I don't take her every 6 weeks she gets really big 80's hair :crazy: