Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blacklist forum

cutiecherise
October 16th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Kind of like notjustdogs.com has:

a place where people can put the names of breeders, kennels, vets, groomers, adoption agencies, (irrisponsible pet owners) and stores that they've had a bad experience with,
So that people don't have to filter through the discussion forum to find places they SHOULDN't look,
this will also give people new to owning pets easy access to information about puppy mills, genetic defaults in certain breeds, and so on...

Yup. That's my thought.

Mysts38
October 17th, 2004, 07:23 AM
That would be a good idea,,but iam sure Marko would be stepping on some toes,and I imagine there could be legal ramifications,as to slander etc

melanie
October 17th, 2004, 05:33 PM
i dont agree, if i was ever called a irrisponsible dog owner, and it was listed anywhere i would go out of my way to sue the backside of anyone who said it and any forum it was found on. i would be devestated and do anything possibel to fix it.

you may say 'oh but why would someone call me that' if i was not irrisponsible, simply put ppl can be vindictive, vengful and nasty and will do anything to get at some ppl.

or if i were a breeder following the law (may not be ethical but is law) and i was called bad, i would do as above to rectify my credibility as such slander could greatly affect the business..

really dangerous territory that sort of thing.....

glasslass
October 17th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I believe this was discussed in another thread and I agree, it's dangerous ground. This is a forum and anyone can post, but will all posters be credible? Does pets.ca want the potential liability? I doubt it. There is a potential of doing great harm to innocent people. The risk offsets the benefits of warning potential pet owners. There is no substitute for personally checking out a breeder. Go to the site and view EVERYTHING. Run if something doesn't look right. A good breeder will welcome a potential buyer caring enough to investigate. They are concerned with placing their pups in good homes and will want their concerns addressed as well.

marko
October 18th, 2004, 10:00 PM
This issue was discussed here
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7905

Thanks