Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Someone taking a stand for PBs!!

lezzpezz
October 16th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Just found this. Original article from Windsor Star, but I cannot access it to cut and paste it for you. Perhaps someone out there can??

Here it is:
Ontario: Pit bull ban may face legal challenge

Ontario: Pit bull ban may face legal challenge
Posted by: Achriel on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 03:01 PM
By Dave Hall

Windsor's controversial new bylaw banning pit bulls may face a legal challenge from a group that says it's unfair and targets dogs rather than irresponsible owners.

Natalie Kemeny, who runs a pit bull rescue service and owns two pit bulls, has retained Toronto lawyer Anik Morrow to look into launching a legal challenge.

Windsor's bylaw, passed Monday, bans all pit bulls except those that had dog licences before it came into effect.

lilith_rizel
October 16th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I think that it is not the dog's fault how they behave. I think it is the owners. They take control over any unwelcome behavior. A dog can't train himself. In my opinion, the way a dog acts, depends on the way the owner has trained it, right?

tyr
October 16th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Yay for Natalie!!!!!!! :D This makes me so excited! If she gets anywhere with this challenge can you imagine what it will strike up - if it has not already!

I was thinking the other day how great it would be if the courts started to fill up with PB BSL challenges and those who refuse to muzzle, etc because they know they're dogs ARE harmless. This would cause the real crimes and criminals to be put on the backburner, while the courts were filled with petty rule breakers by a law that lacks any sense. Society would go nuts and get real pissed off at the government as they would not be dealing with the real, scary issues at hand. Would this not be something so beautiful..... Ahhh, if only our World were a better place and people were not afraid to challenge the government they ellected and pay for......

Good for Natalie for being one of those people! Thanks for the article - I'll be looking for any updates on this :)