Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking to Adopt a Small Breed Puppy

e_wellington
October 15th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I'm looking for a small breed puppy, breed and sex doesn't matter, to adopt into my life. I have just moved into a new city and need someone to spend my time with. I'm only a part time student, with lots of extra time on my hands to handle a puppy. I'm looking for something in the London, on area, but I'm originally from Sarnia, on, so anything between these two areas would be great. If you have any information at all, I would really appreciate it!!!

m_apol
October 16th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Have you tried petfinder.org? There's a rescue for small breeds, it's in niagara but I think they have them in foster homes all over Ontario. Here's the link - http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/ON56.html Good Luck! Adoption fee I think is $200

e_wellington
October 16th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I checked out that site. Thanks a lot!! But unfortunatly, petfinders.com will only adopt pets out to people over 25, which I'm not. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep looking!!! Thanks anyways though.

m_apol
October 22nd, 2004, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear that, I hope Kim can help you out.

LL1
October 22nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Um that's not true - or did you mean that one particular rescue?

But unfortunatly, petfinders.com will only adopt pets out to people over 25, which I'm not.

lil_kirk
October 22nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
Petfinders is just a central site where rescue orgs can post their profiles---many of the orgs will allow someone over 18 to adopt a puppy. They base it on ability to afford the pup or dog---not age. Quite frankly I disagree with the age clause entirely...

If you see a dog on petfinder that you like you should contact the organization directly---the Chihuahua rescue for example will adopt out a dog to someone under 25 as far as I know---you do however have to be able to give the dog what it needs.

raingirl
October 24th, 2004, 09:58 PM
I think what she meant was the rescue that m_apol pointed out in niagara for small breeds, they have a stipulation on their site that they don't adopt out to under 25.