Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Patriot is Going to his Forever Home today

Sylvie
December 15th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Our foster, Patriot, is being adopted today

It is a happy day but sad for us, as we really have enjoyed having him :cloud9:with us. He is as close to perfect as we will ever get, I know our next one will be a :evil: :laughing::laughing:

His big buddy, Cyrus will definately miss him.

The bottom line, is that he is going to someone that I know from work and she says she will bring him back for a playdate with Cy.

Love4himies
December 15th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I know how sad this is for you, always hard to say goodbye to a foster :grouphug:. But on the up side, he is going to somebody you know so you can still keep in touch :highfive: (as can Cyrus :thumbs up)

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2012, 11:03 AM
That really is awesome! Playdates will be fun!! Hard for you, though, I know. :grouphug:

marko
December 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I so admire people that foster :highfive: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Winston
December 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Sophie will miss little Patriot too! Although I know he stole a piece of your heart he also allowed you to be able to bring in another foster and help save them too! He certainly was a cute little pup and I especially love his little freckles! :thumbs up

You will see him soon I am sure! Good job my friend!

angeldogs
December 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Im glad he got adopted by someone you know and will still get to see him and have play dates.

Barkingdog
December 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Patriot looks like a very smart dog , I bet he know you helped him get a forever home. He will never forget you.

Sylvie
December 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM
It was a very quiet night last night without my little monkey.

I didn't think I would miss him this much. He certainly wormed his way into my heart.

It helps to know that he has good home. :thumbs up

Sylvie
December 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
This is a picture of him before he left yesterday. :sleepy:

Dog Dancer
December 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Sylvie, bless you for finding your little man such a good home. Bonus that you will get to see him still. Sorta the best of both worlds. And now for the next one.... :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Dang, he's a cutie! :lovestruck: :grouphug:

angeldogs
December 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
sweet handsome face

Goldfields
December 16th, 2012, 07:17 PM
How lucky is Patriot, he gets a mum and a foster mum. His own home and a fun one to visit, to play with Cyrus. You've taken him from having no hope to being twice blessed, Sylvie, well done! Wish it didn't come with the downside of you missing him.
Thought about fostering here but, you won't believe this, I am too far out of town to do it. I didn't mind being too far out to be called for jury duty but for fostering, it seems ridiculous. Actually, when I think of it, I am not in the same Shire as either of the two closest city pounds, and am one mile off the very end of our own shire. I suppose they do want dogs close to civilization for people to look at and hopefully adopt. :(

patchdog
December 17th, 2012, 07:46 PM
What a sweet looking dog. I am glad that he found a good home but I know that it will be hard on you as well. Thanks for being a foster parent, the world needs more of these good people like you.

janinvan
December 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
What a handsome looking dog, no wonder he was adopted so quickly! Good for him.

PS Great Scarf! LOL