Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ontario Pit Bull Ban Poll

Mistruzzi
October 15th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Please vote no http://www.canada.com/toronto/index.html?rfp=dta

sammiec
October 15th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I voted... please everyone... VOTE it takes only a couple seconds.. and apparently this is the only information that they look at for the ban! :rolleyes:

mastifflover
October 15th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Voted and it wont let you again unfortunatley I will vote from everybodys computers

heidiho
October 15th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I voted,wow i cant believe they are really trying for that,what does squat mean,it said fierce and squat???

BMDLuver
October 15th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I voted as well. It's 2/3 in favor of the bann so far. Hopefully more people will vote no!

lezzpezz
October 15th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Watched the news at 6 p.m. and the latest poll from CTV said 48% FOR banning and 52% opposed! This is very good news!!

pitbulliest
October 15th, 2004, 10:07 PM
lezzer..that's excellent news..:) I'm glad there's something that can lighten our spirits at this time.

beddows
October 16th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Having had my dog attacked 3 days ago totally unprovoked by a pit bull, I'm in favor of the ban. Only good thing is I managed to put the pit bull into the vet hospital with a good swift kick of my steel toed hiking boots, saving my dogs life in the process. it could have just as easily been a child. This breeed is dangerous & should be banned. These dogs attract irresponsible owners for the most part.

LavenderRott
October 16th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Having had my dog attacked 3 days ago totally unprovoked by a pit bull, I'm in favor of the ban. Only good thing is I managed to put the pit bull into the vet hospital with a good swift kick of my steel toed hiking boots, saving my dogs life in the process. it could have just as easily been a child. This breeed is dangerous & should be banned. These dogs attract irresponsible owners for the most part.

Was this dog attached to a leash, or running around loose? And there is no possible way it could have been any other mixed breed of dog besides a "pit bull"? Would you feel the same way about banning the breed if it had been a labrador retriever that had attacked your dog?

I know of many "pit bull" owners who have well trained dogs that do therapy work and quite frankly, I think it is unfair to punish the majority for the irresponsiblity of the minority.

lezzpezz
October 16th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Here it is, after I just cast my vote:

Poll Result

Is Ontario doing the right thing introducing legislation to ban pit bulls?

Yes 7840 votes (50 %)

No 7938 votes (50 %)

Total Votes: 15778

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Wow, that's an interesting turn in events!! Do you have a link for those stats??

heidiho
October 18th, 2004, 02:53 PM
The dog shouldnt be banned new owners should be screened.......... :thumbs up