Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WATCH OUT! *featuring healy saint bernards*

cutiecherise
October 15th, 2004, 02:39 PM
LONG POST: please read!
I know this is way down in Florida or California,
but dishonesty affects everyone everywhere.

Always research breeders very very carefully if you're planning on going with a pure breed. Go over every detail of every resource available, and if you see ANY (and i mean ANY) question of integrity, RUN,
DO NOT take a chance on someone who is willing to lie to you in ANY way!

Here is an extreme example of how people can be ridiculous in believing obvious lies!

I've been reading some complaints about Healy's Saint Bernards,

**EDIT: should have had this link placed clearly before***

which can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/levinds/HealySaintsExperience.html

***END EDIT***

and it became pretty clear after reading a few posts at notjustdogs.com between the accused seller and the frustrated buyers, that the woman selling these dogs had her thumb shoved somewhere it shouldn't have been shoved...
However, my opinion on how she expresses herself and her attitude aren't enough for me to be able to point a finger and call her dishonest,
so i Dug a little DEEPER, and found
A certain image. (at the end)
Note the following PLEASE!

We're looking at the second Dog, whose name is "BEN"
"Ben" appears to belong to Louise Cote,
which i have underlined in RED,
however, for SOME unknown reason, he's seen here all grown up in his new home with the Thacher family, even Carting the Thacher grandkids around in a wagon...
What happened to Cote? I guess Loiuse Died?
Or married into the Thacher family? And then had grandkids before the dog's life ended?
And if someone could tell me WHERE in CANADA one might be able to find
FREDRICK, MD?
I would Love to pay them a visit and see the Thacher grand kids getting tugged by a wagon!

Now, maybe that's all just a mistake... And yeah, those DO happen...
But here is the REAL pathetic mistake, where this woman *coughpuppymillbackyardbreeder*
Went really over the deep end and took simple mistakes to a whole new level.

SEE the thing circled in purple?
The entire image, thacher kids and all?
Good.

IT IS A PAINTING!
I have a Print of it in my office, if you would like to see it.

She could fix the multiple errors and gain back some cred for that, but when she's trying to pass off a PAINTING as a PHOTOGRAPH of one of the dogs she has sold, There's NO DENYING that there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG!

Check the site if it's still there, aight?
I'm not making this up. This woman passes herself off as a reputable breeder named Cheryl Healy.

http://www.healynoblefriends.com/customers.htm

She vill vigorously defend herself as knowing more than any veterinarian and any other breeder, talks like she's experienced...
After reading this post, i hope seeing her talk makes you laugh in an angry sort of way.
This is the notjustdogs.com thread:
( there's some of her bluff on this forum thread here, in a thread between notjustdogsm members, and the breeder (and her supposed manager):
http://www.notjustdogs.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=DogBnW_bd;action=display;num=1089295 327 )

Read it! It's a good read to get inside the mind of some SICK and CONFUSED people and try to see what makes them think they're human!
and after you get a mouthful of that, run on over to this little page:
http://www.geocities.com/iluvdisnee/HealySaints.html (the link is posted on the thread, near the end, before i tear it apart for lack of credibility)

raingirl
October 15th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I'm confused....

Cinnabear
October 15th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I know MD would be in the United States, actually its in Maryland.

raingirl
October 15th, 2004, 03:05 PM
I'm confused....

I went to their website and it's the dog in the picture above that is owned by Louise Cote, not "Ben".

Yeah, there is a Frederick maryland..right near washington

cutiecherise
October 15th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Ben is the dog in the middle.
The dog above him doens't specify ownership.
The Dog below him is named Beau and his owner is named on the right, in green.

I know it's confusing, but the layout is just extremely bad.
*EDIT *

So bad, that i even confused myself in trying to unscramble it,
and in fact where i had stated previously

"Louise Cote from Canada is supposed to own Ben, the dog featured in the middle shot,"

Louie Cote is supposed to own the dog in the ABOVE photograph.
So Cheryle gets away with that what.

BUT it still is a painting.

cutiecherise
October 15th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Yes, Fredrick Maryland,
but it's hard as hell trying to determine who the heck is what and where,
and that STILL doesn't explain why there's a painting print instead of a photograph in that spot.

It seemed to me like fredrick MD was being specified as a location in Canada.
The layout was so crappy that i got confused in my state of confusion.
My comment about the painting still stands though,
and I'm not going to discard the comments made by buyers without really delving into this.

I just wanted to put out a warning to people that way too much unhealthy dog breeding is happening, and that they need to take every precaustion, and check all credability.

heeler's rock!
October 16th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Not that I'm trying to defend anyone here, but the "painting" of Ben looks like a photo to me. The scenario could be that Ms. Cote from Canada who owns Ben, took him to see her friends, the Thatchers, in Maryland and that's why that picture is there. Maybe not, who knows for sure. The print you have could be a photo print, and you're right, why does she have a famous photo trying to pass it off as one of her pups, unless that photo became famous? I dunno, this is all very strange...... :confused:

cutiecherise
October 16th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Mar.

I was looking for some sign that this woman wasn't everything she claimed to be after readnig several posts about her,
as well as her responses.

So this 'photo' of one of 'her' succesfully placed dogs is just the icing on the cake.

I didn't want to assume that this woman was a dishonest person, whatever i may think of her self-presentation,

Just by reading what she's written, i don't like her,
But to claim that she's a liar based on opinions and other people are saying *online* goes against my personal beliefs:
I wanted to see some proof that SHE supplied that she was dishonest, before i openly supported the people she ripped off.

Sure, it's not the same thing as seeing a puppy she supplied to make sure they're healthy, But i'm not that close to her,
so i had to look for other things.
it's just a bad sign,
And people should be warned about her.

stbernies
November 13th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Edit this! First of all, who the heck are you Thalia? I don't recall ever asking for your two cents,and furthermore,what dog do you have in this fight? I 've got some really good guesses who you are.
Second,I actually would like to see your painting,seriously, can you tell me where you are located I'd like to come & view it.Please email me personally with your address & the best time to visit you,my email address is stbernies4life@aol.com.
Third,allow me to clarify for you,the webpage, you're discussing.... I firmly believe you done that on purpose, you know exactly who what & where the dogs belong & all,but for everyone else's benefit........
CH.Rufus was in Canada,Louise Cote' did own him,he has passed away now.The caption under neath(owner Louise Cote') goes to Ch Rufus' picture, the middle picture is Ben, that is Janet Thacher's grandkids &Ben is very much alive,I will contact Janet & see if you can visit him if you like???? The puppy in the wagon is named Sally Ann & has almost finished her championship,you can visit her as well.
Someone has stolen it off the webpage which means copywright infringement.(For what it's worth the healy noble webpage was done by a proffessional webpage designer,wanta chat with her?)
I do not have a more logical explanation,but really do want to view this painting Thalia on your office wall,furthermore, your argument as ridiculous as it is,is invalid,because,you took bits & pieces of that page,& why does it matter who or if there is a kennel manager@etc.?
Any bloodline can be exploited,like I said previously,I feel sorry for the next kennel that comes up on the roster.Come up with a good legitimate gripe & I'll work it out with ya, otherwise why don't you get a life? I honestly think you want to spar a response from me, so here ya go!How's that for a bad attitude?
Sincerely,
Amanda