Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

skin tag or tick? (pics attached)

cat question
November 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hi there,

I noticed what appears to be a growth on the back of my cat's head, and wondered if it could be a tick. She visited the vet about five months ago regarding little bumps on her neck, but this is entirely different in shape and size. It certainly looks like it's growing directly from her flesh, so I don't think it is a tick, but I'd love a second opinion.

I'm sure you guys see this type of post over and over, but if you could provide me with any insight, I would be grateful. Thank you!

Barkingdog
November 25th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Does it take stay the same size or does it bigger then smaller , some ticks blow up bigger when filled with blood . GROSS!

Loki Love
November 25th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I vote tick. It looks exactly like what Loki had a few months back and I had the same question - I finally gave it a good yank and presto - tick!

Edited to add the picture we took (I thought it was a skin tag too!)

http://i46.tinypic.com/ehxehk.jpg

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2012, 11:35 PM
The 'body' doesn't look smooth enough to be a tick and I can't see a head to it.... Looks more like a small growth to me, but your vet would be able to tell you for sure.

Barkingdog
November 26th, 2012, 12:52 PM
The 'body' doesn't look smooth enough to be a tick and I can't see a head to it.... Looks more like a small growth to me, but your vet would be able to tell you for sure.

I have to agree with you after seeing the photo of the tick. The tick body is rounder and fuller looking.

Winston
November 26th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Definately a skin tag! Winston (my previous dog) had one!

Cindy