Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mr. Bryant announcement at 10 a.m.

lezzpezz
October 15th, 2004, 07:41 AM
I just heard on Global News, (Toronto) that Mr. B will make his announcement re: pit bull banning for Ontario at 10 a.m. from Queens Park. I'm gonna watch this one and take notes!!

chico2
October 15th, 2004, 08:01 AM
It's strange how quickly some laws can be passed,while the new Animal-cruelty law has been on the back-burner for years :sick:

sammiec
October 15th, 2004, 08:07 AM
You're so right Chico. It really is sick. All the time and energy they have invested into getting these dogs out of the city, but there are homeless people dying, children and animals being abused/neglected, sex offenders that are not being tracked...school programs being cut left and right... but they have all the time and money to do away with dogs...

BMDLuver
October 15th, 2004, 08:08 AM
It saddens me to hear that provinces are considering banning breeds of dogs. It's a pity they can't bann the ignorant owners instead.

tyr
October 15th, 2004, 10:19 AM
So what is the verdict? I probably do not even need to ask :mad: :( sad

I am at my office. I watched the news this morning and heard the BSL debate would come to an end today as they would be announcing the final decision. I wish I had a TV in my office!!!!! So, will I be crying and sick to my stomach or over joyed with great news?

mastifflover
October 15th, 2004, 10:50 AM
It is amazing how they have no money to enforce the lame animal abuse and neglect laws as they are now. Yes they have back burnered the amended bills and now they forge ahead with a law that has had a total lack of research and will not affect irresponsible owners. I cant remember the last time a criminal cared that he was breaking the law. I personally feel if I had a pit bull I would not muzzle it and they could fine me day in and day out and I would tie it up in court for so long. If all responsible owners and I do mean responsible said no to a muzzle and tied up the court with these cases it would cost the city a fortune and it would back log real criminals cases and the people of this city would not be happy if real criminals were out walking around the city and they were tying up the court with people fighting muzzle orders.

Copper'sMom
October 15th, 2004, 10:53 AM
I agree 100% with you mastifflover.

tyr
October 15th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I personally feel if I had a pit bull I would not muzzle it and they could fine me day in and day out and I would tie it up in court for so long. If all responsible owners and I do mean responsible said no to a muzzle and tied up the court with these cases it would cost the city a fortune and it would back log real criminals cases and the people of this city would not be happy if real criminals were out walking around the city and they were tying up the court with people fighting muzzle orders.

You are awesome Mastifflover! I completely agree with you. I think that would be quite hilarious! I think that responsible owners should do this! I would love to see the faces of a society pissed off! Plus it would be great to hear people who support BSL take back their words when things are ot going the way they thought they would.

So, I am assuming then that the law was passed! :mad: :confused:

On the news program this morning at 7:00 am there was a woman animal professional speaking out against the ban. She said something that I loved yet broke my heart at the same time. She said, "If this goes through.....for everything that Mr. Bryant is going to cause these poor animals......I hope he is the first one to put that needle in a 6 month old pup". I love it, because I would hope he would feel some sort of remorse and change his petty mind and I hate it because I cannot help but think of all these pups and beautiful dogs that will be losing their lives. There will be a flood in the streets caused by tears of pain tonight........

lezzpezz
October 15th, 2004, 12:14 PM
If you haven't yet heard, Tyr, this is just in the works. Give it about 3 months to be passed and the fun and games should begin shortly thereafter. sad