Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How many agree? :)

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 01:45 PM
You Know You're a Dog Person When ...

You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose prints all over the inside.

You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't.

You are the only idiot walking in the pouring rain because your dog needs its walk.

You keep an extra water dish in your second-floor bedroom, in case your dog gets thirsty at night.

You never completely finish a piece of steak or chicken (so your dog gets a taste, too).

You shovel a zig-zag path in the back yard snow so your dog can reach all its favorite spots.

You avoid vacuuming the house as long as possible because your dog is afraid of the vacuum cleaner.

You make popcorn just to play catch with your dog.

You carry pictures of your dog in your wallet instead of pictures of your parents, siblings, significant other, or anyone else remotely human.

Your dog is the star of your World Wide Web site.

You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but she understands.

Your dog eats cat poop, but you still let her kiss you (but not immediately afterward, of course).

You carry dog biscuits in your purse or pocket at all times.

You talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid.

You sign and send birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards from your dog.

You put an extra blanket on the bed so your dog can be comfortable.

You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your dog than go to the movies with your sweetie.

You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and your dog loves to go with you.

You open your purse, and that big bunch of baggies you use for pick-ups pops out.

You get an extra-long hose on your shower-massage just so you can use it to wash your dog in the tub, without making the dog sit hip-deep in water.

You and the dog come down with something like flu on the same day. Your dog sees the vet while you settle for an over-the-counter remedy from the drugstore.

Your dog is getting old and arthritic, so you go buy lumber and build her a small staircase so she can climb onto the bed by herself.

Your license plate or license plate frame mentions your dog.

You don't think it's the least bit strange to stand in the back yard chirping "Meg, pee!" over and over again, while Meg tends to play and forget what she's out there for (but what your neighbors think of your behavior is yet another story).

You match your furniture/carpet/clothes to your dog.

You have your dog's picture on your office desk (but no one else's).

You lecture people on responsible dog ownership every chance you get.

You skip breakfast so you can walk your dog in the morning before work.

You don't go to happy hours with co-workers any more because you need to go home and see your dog.

Your friend's dog acts as Best Dog at your wedding.

Your weekend activities are planned around taking your dog for a hike (both days).

You keep eating even after finding a dog hair in your pasta.

When you get your latest roll of film and there isn't a single picture of a two-legged person in it...

lilith_rizel
October 14th, 2004, 01:53 PM
LOL.
Some of them apply to me! :D

marko
October 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM
I AGREE! 100%

But I am ALSO a cat person. (Sorry to change the focus but I couldn't resist)

You also know you're a cat person when....

You call your cat 10 times and he won't come. You look around the house to find your cat ignoring you while he's 'resting' on the couch. Then when you approach him and call him again, he opens one eye, looks at you and then CHOOSES to go back to sleep.

You know you're a cat person when you find this lack of concern for you CUTE! :love:

shihtzulover
October 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Thats so cute. They almost all apply to me. I only have photos of my 2 cats and dog on my desk. :)

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 02:03 PM
These ones are me LMAO!!! :D

You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose prints all over the inside.

You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but she understands.

You carry dog biscuits in your purse or pocket at all times.

You open your purse, and that big bunch of baggies you use for pick-ups pops out.

You skip breakfast so you can walk your dog in the morning before work.

Mysts38
October 14th, 2004, 02:10 PM
You know you're a cat fanatic when...

...you learn to type with a cat sleeping on your arm.

...you can clean up gopher guts without losing your appetite for dinner.

...your vet offers to name the new wing of the clinic after you.

...you keep sticky lint pick-up rollers in every room and in the car.

...you give up reading your book/magazine/newspaper rather than move the cat.

...you buy odor neutralizer by the gallon.

...your list of inevitable things reads: "Death, taxes, and hairballs."

...you sleep like a contortionist because the cats won't move.

...other people pull out photos of their children/grandchildren/niece/nephew and you pull out photos of your cats.

...you stay seated until your butt aches because the cat is sleeping so happily on your lap.

...your keyboard is held together with cat hair.

...your sofa is MADE of cat hair.

...your herb garden is all catnip.

...the vet staff instantly know it's your voice on the phone.

...the local feed store owner is always very happy to see you.

...you buy cat litter in 50 lb. bags.

...your cat can get you to open a door by staring at it.

...you give up on alarm clocks because you know the cats are going to wake you before it goes off anyway.

...your house is Instant Death to anyone allergic to cats.

...your home library has more books about cats than the city library.

...your best friend can recognize your individual cats' voices over the phone.

...people gasp and say, "You have HOW MANY cats?!!"

...you create web pages for all your cats and include things like, "You know you're a cat fanatic when..."

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 02:15 PM
LOL, I LOVE it Mysts!!! :p

mastifflover
October 14th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Okay most of those dog ones are me, thanks Sammie

chico2
October 14th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Aww,how true,right now I am trying to print over Vinnies body,he won't move and neither do I want him too,he's sooo cute,Chico just jumped off my lap so now it's Vinnies turn.. :love:
Mysts,you forgot to mention the vaccum-cleaner and cats,my 3 cats get their bags and move downstairs every time that horrid thing comes out,hence my house does not get vaccumed that often :eek:
We had an annoying insurance-salesman here once,dressed in a dark suit,he chose to sit on Rocky's chair,I was too late warning him and I almost felt sorry for him when he left,no sale and a very hairy behind :D

Delirium
October 14th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

*looks around nervously*

*searches frantically of people pictures to put in her wallet*

Dee

debanneball
October 15th, 2004, 05:32 AM
As I read on and on...how true it all became to me. I am just like that, from poop to pictures, to windows, not only in the suv, but the house too...front and back. I even went to a 'police store' and bought a BRIGHT ORANGE raincoat (they had the lime green with stripes or orange) for bad days, so we couldn't possibly be missed by any drivers. :)

chico2
October 15th, 2004, 07:22 AM
I'll be leaving for South Carolina shortly and I have a small album with pics of my cats,FiFi my squirrel....none of my sons(adults).I also bring a mascot whenever I travel...it's a white little beany baby cat... :D
I do also have a"thing"for stuffed animals,I kind of collect Garfields :eek:

Bugsy
October 15th, 2004, 07:40 AM
This one had me LMAO... :o

You don't think it's the least bit strange to stand in the back yard chirping "Meg, pee!" over and over again, while Meg tends to play and forget what she's out there for (but what your neighbors think of your behavior is yet another story).

Bugsy
October 15th, 2004, 07:40 AM
This one had me LMAO... :o

glasslass
October 15th, 2004, 09:25 AM
HaHaHa! I'm in good company!

How about - You leave the air-conditioner on during the day while no one is home to keep the critters comfortable
and don't complain about the high electricity bill.

You know where all the drive-thru fast-food or other services are that give out dog bones for the guy thats always with you.

You go to drive-thru fast-food places because you don't want to leave the critters home while you go out to eat and your food choices are determined by what you can "share".

and last, but certainly NOT least

Your most memorable erotic passionate moment ended up with getting dog poop in your hair and you both laughed about it! :D :D :D

pug lover
October 15th, 2004, 10:04 AM
thats me for sure :) :) not quite sure about the poop though :p

Copper'sMom
October 15th, 2004, 10:16 AM
These are the ones that apply to me and my Copper!! It's amazing what some people do for their 4 legged friends!

You carry pictures of your dog in your wallet instead of pictures of your parents, siblings, significant other, or anyone else remotely human.

:love: You talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid. :love:

You sign and send birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards from your dog.

You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your dog than go to the movies with your sweetie.

You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and your dog loves to go with you.

Your dog is getting old and arthritic, so you go buy lumber and build her a small staircase so she can climb onto the bed by herself. (I lift him up instead!)

You have your dog's picture on your office desk (but no one else's).

You don't go to happy hours with co-workers any more because you need to go home and see your dog.

Your friend's dog acts as Best Dog at your wedding. (My dog is going to walk me down the aisle!! :love: )

Your weekend activities are planned around taking your dog for a hike (both days).

You keep eating even after finding a dog hair in your pasta.

When you get your latest roll of film and there isn't a single picture of a two-legged person in it...[/QUOTE]