Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Challenge to you!

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I challenge each of you to find a HAPPY pet story, be it lost pets, funny pets, silly pets... BUT only HAPPY stories...

LOL (http://www.furallover.com/funnies.asp?id=15)

schnauzerlove
October 14th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Here's one....

http://www.recorder.ca/dailyphoto.html

Unfortunately, the whole story will not be available online until tomorrow.

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Come on guys!!!

A Dogs Life
A stray dog in Italy, a five-year-old husky called Sadu, won the hearts of ticket inspectors (and then the nation) to earn himself a free travel pass.

Every morning he boards a train from his private platform in Ostia Antic to make the 15 mile journey into Rome. He stops for special biscuit at Salvatore Roselli's bakery, and a lunchtime bowl of pasta in a local restaurant.

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
This X-ray shows how pup Kyle diced with death after swallowing a breadknife only 3 inches shorter then his 18-inch frame.Astonishingly, it was lodged inside him for 4 weeks but somehow missed cutting his internal organs.

Owner Eva Oliver, said "I had no idea. Kyle loves to chew and i thought he had an upset tummy". Vets in Leeds extricated the knife from the six-month-old Collie-Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross in an hour-long op.

None the worse, he was out for walkies yesterday as esnior vet Dr Ann Draper said" It's a miracle he has survived. Kyle is a remarkable dog."
http://www.jenk1ns7.freeserve.co.uk/dogknife.jpg

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 03:07 PM
September 11

Eduardo Rivera, a blind computer operator stuck on the 70th floor of the World Trade Center, North Tower, on 11 September, ordered his guide dog Dorado to leave without him, but the devoted yellow Labrador battled back through the flames and braved the growing panic to negotiate him to safely down the stairs.

Another blind man, Mike Hingson , 51, a sales manager at Quantum ATL, a network data-storage company, was led to safety from the 78th floor of the WTC by Roselle, his yellow Labrador.

It took half an hour to walk down to the ground floor. "we smelled a lot of jet fuel on the way down, " said Hingson. "Roselle never hesitated. She never panicked".

In January both guide dogs were honoured by the British Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. Daily Record, 17 Sept.

goldenblaze
October 14th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Here's one....

http://www.recorder.ca/dailyphoto.html

Unfortunately, the whole story will not be available online until tomorrow.

You took mine, I live in Brockville too. Small world :)

schnauzerlove
October 14th, 2004, 03:17 PM
You took mine, I live in Brockville too. Small world :)

We are fairly new to the area (in terms of Brockville...if your great great grandmother wasn't born at BGH, you're considered new... ha ha). We've heard many pros and cons about the local vets. Who do you use?? :confused:

I know this is off topic, sorry!!

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 03:20 PM

I'll forgive you IF you post a HAPPY animal story - you too gldenbalze ;)

goldenblaze
October 14th, 2004, 03:24 PM
We are fairly new to the area (in terms of Brockville...if your great great grandmother wasn't born at BGH, you're considered new... ha ha). We've heard many pros and cons about the local vets. Who do you use?? :confused:

I love Dr Judy Hawthorne, Hawthorne Animal Hospital 498-0133. She is great and so is Joann the two lady run one nice Vet Clinic.

My husband and I were both born here in Brockville, we grow up 4 houses apart as children and always played together as kids. Now here we are old and still here, you are new to area, you live in town or out? We are out towards Lyn.

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 03:31 PM
golden - that's TWO stories you owe us!! LOL!

goldenblaze
October 14th, 2004, 03:38 PM
golden - that's TWO stories you owe us!! LOL!
Only two? that is not bad. I will give you two give me a little time to give the perfect story. Sorry about being a bad girl :o

schnauzerlove
October 14th, 2004, 03:46 PM
I love Dr Judy Hawthorne, Hawthorne Animal Hospital 498-0133. She is great and so is Joann the two lady run one nice Vet Clinic.

My husband and I were both born here in Brockville, we grow up 4 houses apart as children and always played together as kids. Now here we are old and still here, you are new to area, you live in town or out? We are out towards Lyn.

We live east, just North of Maitland. We've been here for 3 years.

We've been using Parkedale Animal Hospital. So far, we're very pleased. Both vets actually kiss our dogs on the face when they see them....true animal lovers. But, so far, we've had no major injuries or illnesses. Have you heard anything (good or bad)?

goldenblaze
October 14th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Ellie
Just like many other problems that we see, Ellie's story is essentially a misunderstanding. Her owners had been told by a behaviorist that she was aggressive because of her habit of barking excitably at everything she saw.

On advice from the behaviorist they did all the wrong things. For four years, they kept her away from others and hardly ever took her out for exercise.

Eventually Ellie was so wound up by her lack of exercise and stimulation that she just continually barked at everything she saw or hard.

She was so wound up that all she would eat was rice pudding. She couldn't keep any weight on and was permanently looking for attention or play.

Since coming to stay with us she has almost stopped barking at most things, she is on a normal diet, which has been reduced because she is no longer thin from nervous energy. She loves to play with people and dogs.

In truth, Ellie is the softest dog you could ever wish to meet. All she wants to do is play, how can anyone misunderstand that?

How is that? :)

schnauzerlove
October 14th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I'll forgive you IF you post a HAPPY animal story - you too gldenbalze ;)

I'm working on it!

schnauzerlove
October 15th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Sorry it's a little late......

www.paws.org/help/tales/b/bailey.html

Heartwarming animal tale!! :)

sammiec
October 15th, 2004, 09:22 AM
That story actually brought tears to my eyes! *sniff* that's really sweet!

schnauzerlove
October 15th, 2004, 09:33 AM
That story actually brought tears to my eyes! *sniff* that's really sweet!

I had a lump in my throat reading it!!

debanneball
October 15th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Samm and Golden, very nice stories.... :p

BMDLuver
October 15th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Here's one that has a happy ending. We took in a female German Shephard who was a real sweetheart. One afternoon she decided to take herself for a walk after one of my talented dogs unlocked the gate for everyone. We spent 3 hours trying to locate her. We found her and of course were extremely releaved. The best part was that she had gone to an older couples home who had recently lost their Kovuts and were truly Shephard lovers. The lady kept coming back to visit her and we suggested she may wish to foster her. She did and has now adopted her. We keep saying to ourselves that she became tired of waiting for us to find her the right home so she went out and found one herself. Makes me smile everytime I think of her.

goldenblaze
October 15th, 2004, 01:42 PM
We live east, just North of Maitland. We've been here for 3 years.

We've been using Parkedale Animal Hospital. So far, we're very pleased. Both vets actually kiss our dogs on the face when they see them....true animal lovers. But, so far, we've had no major injuries or illnesses. Have you heard anything (good or bad)?

I would not use Parkdale but if you are happy with them and they are good to your pet stay with them. If Dr Hawthorne ever closes I will go to Prescott They are great there too.

schnauzerlove
October 15th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I would not use Parkdale but if you are happy with them and they are good to your pet stay with them. If Dr Hawthorne ever closes I will go to Prescott They are great there too.

Why goldenblaze???? :confused:

sammiec
October 15th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Hijackers!! :p

anniebananie
October 15th, 2004, 02:59 PM
When we l;ived in the UK I had a beatiful King Charles Cavalier called Lottie. At the time we lived on an Army base, and Lottie kept taking her self off to the cook house for a snack or six - they would always take her to the lockup and I would get a phone call to go and collect her. After a few weeks of doing this she would actually take herself up to the Army Police and hand herself over. :p My daughter would go down on her bike, with a basket on the front and collect her.
In the UK, where we lived - we had no fences and dogs could roam free and no one turned a hair. She also loved to go to the stables and flush out rabbits on the local gliding field. She was a very happy dog and lived to a ripe old age party

schnauzerlove
October 15th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Hijackers!! :p

I offer another story as an apology :D

www.all-creatures.org/stories/a-micah.html

sammiec
October 15th, 2004, 03:08 PM
another tear jerker too! *sniff* oh dear.... ;)

goldenblaze
October 15th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Why goldenblaze???? :confused:

Parkdale Vet are older and do alot of farm animals, not many small house pet. Many yrs ago I took my cat to them and hard a bad time, I thought the Vet was some what un feeling and I never went back. To me it must show how the Vet is a true animal lover and I believe I have that in Dr Judy Hawthorne. Again if you like Parkdale stay with them. :)

Bugsy
October 16th, 2004, 12:11 AM
It's not a dog story..but it did make me smile....

glasslass
October 16th, 2004, 03:48 AM
That is tooo cute! Perfect caption!