Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SURVIVOR and the APPRENTICE

debanneball
October 14th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Tonight's the night....haha....so, who do you think is going to be 'fired' and 'voted off'....
Survivor - I think that the girls will lose immunity, and then Eliza will be gone
Apprentice - Unfortunately, unless the girls get their crap together, they will lose another task, and my guess is that it's between Elizabeth (the one who cried sad when she didn't get enough support) or Stacy R's turn.

GsdDiamond
October 14th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Hmmmm. It's a tough call on both shows.

I agree with Stacy R probably going to be one of the next ones gone.

As far as Survivor.....well....as long as it's anyone but Scout Cloud Lee. I picked her name from a hat for the company Survivor game. If she lasts I get the pool! At 5 bucks a person, that's good coin!!!

debanneball
October 14th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Okay, promise I will not vote Scout out, actually I like her...she's so brave. Tell me, is she the one with the bad knee/leg. :confused:

GsdDiamond
October 14th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure if she has a bum leg or not. Remember the challenge where they tied and blindfolded 3 people together and had to be told where to find puzzle pieces? The one giving directions was Scout. She screwed up by missing a pile of pieces in the water. I thought she was going to get voted out that night!

debanneball
October 14th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Yeppers, she's the one with the scarf thingy...long blonde hair. But, one of the ladies has a bum knee or leg, I can't quite remember, but will rack my brain. By the way, nice dog there...long hair? How old? :D

GsdDiamond
October 14th, 2004, 09:09 AM
I just hope Scout doesn't blow it again and risk getting kicked out.

Thanks for Diamond's compliment. She's an 8 month old LHGSD (long hair shepherd). Her parents are show dogs with her sire having "slightly" longer hair. So, it appears she got the recessive gene for longer hair. Doesn't make us love her any less though!:love:

She's changed so much. I have to update her web page with newer pictures.

debanneball
October 14th, 2004, 09:34 AM
YW GSD, they grow fast eh.....Stella is 11 months, and I just can't wait until she's 2 years....by then, she will be the perfect dog, hopefully. Right now, she chews, is bad, is a bully and hubby calls her a terror. Other than that, she's great, and according only to me, she does nothing wrong. :p

GsdDiamond
October 14th, 2004, 09:44 AM
I hear ya about longing for puppyhood to be a thing of the past. 2 years seems so far away, even though time seems to be flying.

I have to keep reminding myself that our pups are just that, pups. For 8 months old Diamond is remarkably well behaved. She's bouncy, chewy, mouthy, and her recall sucks (we're working on this one, without much success I might add). But all in all, if she's indoors, she listens pretty good. But then again, she'd rather be outside. Ya think it may be because she doesn't listen outside and perfers it? :confused: :D

Your pup looks like a shepherd too. Too bad we didn't live closer together. We could let them have play dates and wear each other out! :D

debanneball
October 14th, 2004, 10:09 AM
GSD through and through, sable in colour. RECALL, Stella comes back fine, but runs right by me. In school, she came, and tried to get by me, but you step to the side, she stops, but the teacher wanted her to sit immediately. She told me that I was not strict enough with her. But she comes from whereever she is when I call...at times that is. Squirrels don't count okay...but after it's treed, she comes back right away. For the 'come' I just clap my chest; the heel, I wrap her leash around her neck (little bit hanging out), she goes on her own; sit, just stop walking. In school, we were given lists of tasks to do, and in it (example), it would say '1 hour heeling'....well, stupid me, I went heeling for an hour a day, not an hour a week...I did per day what we were supposed to do over a week. She is all the better for it, but unfortunately, we didn't finish school I fell down the basement stairs, and was given the opportunity to go later and finish but I went to graduation anyway, and I knew that she would have gotten it. :D

BamaRama
October 14th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Well well well! That was definitely a surprising episode of BOTH survivor and The Apprentice!!

The guys were hilarious in the apprentice! It was sooo funny seeing Trump's right-hand-woman (what the heck is her name?!) laughing so hard that she was crying in the fabric shop...oh my lord that was good TV.

And, the earthquake! How scary would that have been?! I wasn't surprised that the new Lopevi did so well at the challenges--they have a kick ass team!

That John K, ooh! Mmm...hehe. I admire him every episode;)

debanneball
October 15th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Hi Bam, you on vacation....

SURVIVOR - the earthquake; one lady said something like when she was cutting fruit, the earth felt like it was splitting...and the mix up of groups. How did one team get mostly men and the other mostly women, I must have dozed off for say...2 seconds, and Bubba, he sunk his own ship. Hey GSD, Scout is doing good, she's hanging in there, not making any waves of any kind whatsoever. By the way, she is the one who had a knee operation. Her bio is on the internet, read it...it's good.

APPRENTICE - Yes, Carolyn was laughing so hard you saw the tears on her face. That was nice to see the real side of things for a change. As for John being 'fired', it was partially his fault because he was not there to set the price, but when the designer said the low end of the costs, the men upped it; he should have been there to keep them in check.

heeler's rock!
October 15th, 2004, 08:46 AM
True true. It was nice to see the women win for a change! Poor John though. He did make some pretty bad mistakes throughout though. He should have had both wes and Kevin in the board room, not just Kevin. And what's with Andy? No one said anything about him not contributing before, and now all of a sudden, they all think he sucks?

GsdDiamond
October 15th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I thought Carolyn laughing her head off was too good! Watching the guys react to the models just showed how childish they can be. When Raj started talking "german" (or his version of it) I thought their designer was going to freak! She sounded like she talked with a bit of an accent. Could have been German? Possibly.

Survivor was pretty good too. I was outside with the dog during the earthquake, so I missed the shake up and some of the first challenge. Was it good?

debanneball
October 15th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Lady, guess the quake could have been better, but their faces, they were good. Oh, I forgot, my hubby doesn't like Survivor, but he walked in the room when the 'natives' in the boats came ashore and asked for the capitain...he stood there laughing when Sarge started to take off his clothes, the natives gave him the necklace and staff, then got in their boat and left...he was laughing so hard, I think he left the room, and turned on Survivor in the bedroom....

GsdDiamond
October 15th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah....that was a funny part! I missed it when Scout was picked. Did the whole tribe vouch for her or did she volunteer? I need to know if my person is going to get kicked off soon or if I may win the pool!!! :D :D :D :D

debanneball
October 15th, 2004, 01:39 PM
No, the ladies decided that she was their leader, no other person was chosen as leader.