Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How quickly does a food chance affect a cat?

scottyxx
September 12th, 2012, 11:06 PM
OK, weird question, but if you have seen my other post my wee guy has been sick.

So I got him the Felidae food on Monday hes been on it since then until tonight, his poops have been solid. Woo hoo!

Today however, I foolishly ran out, and gave him limited ingredients food. A few hours later he had the runny poo.

What do you think is to blame, could the second food affect him so quickly? or is it possibly the Felidae taking 2 days to affect him?

Thanks as always!!

Kittylover23
September 15th, 2012, 09:22 PM
OK, weird question, but if you have seen my other post my wee guy has been sick.

So I got him the Felidae food on Monday hes been on it since then until tonight, his poops have been solid. Woo hoo!

Today however, I foolishly ran out, and gave him limited ingredients food. A few hours later he had the runny poo.

What do you think is to blame, could the second food affect him so quickly? or is it possibly the Felidae taking 2 days to affect him?

Thanks as always!!

Hmm. I'm not too sure but I'm almost positive that it could be the limited ingredient food affecting him a few hours later. It could go through his system that fast. Poor guy! Maybe you should try him on some pumpkin, it could help solidify his poop. :D What brand was the limited ingredient food?

scottyxx
September 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Good to know! I didn't know it would upset him, he's back on his Felidae food, and I tried him on pumpkin and it really worked wonders!

Kittylover23
September 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Great to hear! Hope everything goes well! :thumbs up