Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For Lack of Anything but Re-runs...

krdahmer
October 14th, 2004, 12:16 AM
I watched most of the debate....bleh!

Seriously they actually have three of those snore-fests!!! LOL
All I know is that they both repeat themselves till they are blue in the face, and Bush still comes off as uneducated. I am sure that he just gets flustered or something, and I almost feel bad for him when he has to do public speaking as it is almost painful to watch at times. It's not like he is the worst president, but I do think the States could use a change.... like someone who knows how important us Canadians are for instance!! ;) LOL

So what is the buzz you Neighbours to the south???

wAggie
October 14th, 2004, 12:23 AM
OH OH OH!!

I got a link!! not sure which debate this is from tho...

CHECK IT OUT!

http://s90720586.onlinehome.us/sovereignty.mov

krdahmer
October 14th, 2004, 12:26 AM
LMAO!!!! He so had no idea what that meant!!!!! Frikkin FUNNY!!!! :D

And he made up a new word there....Sovereignentities....LOL

wAggie
October 14th, 2004, 12:27 AM
heck, I think this is my all-time fave link, gonna forward it to everyone... hahahhahaha

u think he'll get voted into office again??! :eek:

krdahmer
October 14th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Well I imagine there were more than a few Americans that thought that made him sound 'real smart'....LOL!!!!

It's hard to say what with Dr.Phil and Oprah getting into the election, it may change who is voting this time around....especially when they saw the alternative last election....a school yard brawl over Florida! Hell I still say he isn't President 'Elect'....

But then I am Canadian and resigned to accept the fact that politicians always screw the little guy! The Americans still think they have some sort of control over that... :rolleyes: ;)

and I just watched that again and I swear you can actually hear the audience laughing in the background!!!!

wAggie
October 14th, 2004, 12:35 AM
haha

damn... I barely turn on the tv (only for Days in the staff lounge, every now and again :D )

but, OPRAH and dr phil are getting into the elections?? what do you mean? talking about it in their shows or actually RUNNING?

krdahmer
October 14th, 2004, 12:43 AM
You would think running...but no, old Philly had interviews with the candidates and their wives along with his wife....and Oprah has had a huge thing registering all her audience members to vote, plus having celebs on who are promoting voting to the youths. Dr. Phil's interviews were all about their views on family and learning about their families....of course he must have plugged his new book like 20 times too of course! Oprah is going for the 'exercise your rights' angle which is great cause it's scary how many women don't vote in the states and still let their hubby's speak for them!!! :eek:

wAggie
October 14th, 2004, 12:56 AM
r u serious??? daaaamn, I myself have noooooo idea how little or how many Canadians vote... and where the segregation lays... booo

unfortunately, I go out and vote when it's convenient.

bc my vote alone means practially (well, ok, literally, lol) nothing, I dont go out of my way to ensure I 'exercise my rights"

lol

krdahmer
October 14th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Ya, I know what you mean....I do vote...when I can, but usually just vote for whoever my dad is voting for. I don't have the attention span available to actually care to find out what the politicians are all about.
Sometimes I feel a bit guilty thinking of all those women who fought so hard to get us these rights....but then again, a whole crap load of problems came along with them.
For instance, I don't work, I have chosen to be a housewife... and when people ask if I have children yet and I say no, they almost scoff and the next question is always are you looking for work? Um...NO, I'm a housewife....and that is my JOB! Some women can juggle all that.... and bless them for it, me I prefer to keep things simple, I stress out way to easily to juggle career and family and household duties. It's so strange that society went from one end to the other on that one....now I even know of some men who want to stay home....well let me tell you NOT around here....I WANT to be taken care of, and run the house. I remember being back in highscool and trying to pick a career to head towards....knowing full well I just wanted to get married and be a wife and mother, man did people put me down for that....comments like, 'no, seriously, what do you really want to do?'. Pshaw, thanks a lot Mary Tyler Moore!!! :eek:

krdahmer
October 14th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Ok...I'm off topic ranting now...time for bed....LOL

OH wait get out are those new emoticons I see arriving!!!!! WOOOHOOOO

Good job Marko~ :frog:

wAggie
October 14th, 2004, 10:04 AM
awesome
hhahahah, so marko stayed up to put these up, i love 'em!! party

Stewart
October 14th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Well guys I dont share your cant be botherd views on voteing because we gave lives to remain free to choose but having said that I still get awfully confused by your complicated electoral systems and as for the razzamatazz well its hard to think that it gives somebody such a powerfull position at the end :confused:

melanie
October 14th, 2004, 05:29 PM
in australia if you are rgistered to vote you must or you get a $100 fine, yep thats fight, if you dont want to vote for anyone, say they are all monkeys, you have to or you will pay for it simple. and that is how the dumb parties win, cause the ppl who dont want to vote just vote for anyone to avoid the fines and they happen to vote for the names they recognise, like eyebrow man john howard, (whos eyebrows are now migrating across the boarder, maybe mrs bush can help him with a waxing, shes a bit of a looker, surely she can help) grrrrrrr.

but i do believe woman should vote here as we have not had the priveledge for more than 100 yrs and many australian woman fought hammer and tonge, suffered incredibly, to get me the right to vote i will always respect the hard work and trials of the suffregets (sp), and our aboriginal ppl could nto vote till 1967, so i think it is important to respect the overall idea of the right to vote, that is being a citezen with rights, or in the case of the aboriginal ppl being classed human beings...

and equality for woman in australia is crap, we still get paid less than men for the same jobs, so it is important to excersise the rights of a woman to improve equality so woman should vote here, and we dont wnat the patriachs to choose our priminister, that defeats the point of woman having rights.

and there are still many oppressed woman around the world and if i dont excersise my rights and fight, how will we ever help them.

i hate politics these days, so frustrating

CyberKitten
October 14th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Hi,

Too many women fought too hard to obtain the vote for anyone NOT to vote!!

I thought last night's debate was the worst of the three. (Plus, so many were watching the Bosox and the Yankees) But it is the spin that counts and it seems as though conventional wisdom is that Kerry won the debate. I hope he also wins the election but that depends on what happens in those few states that are still up for grabs. (Florida, Michigan, Arkansas for example).

Bush just scares me!