Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Alaskan Malamutes

heidiho
October 13th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I was just on the pet abuse website you can look up animal abuse cases and it has pics,there was one about 27 alaskan malamutes that were seized,my question is does anyone know about these dogs,there temperment and such???Dont worry either i am not gonna ru n out and get one,i do think they are beautiful though and just curious about them.Thanks

lilith_rizel
October 13th, 2004, 06:56 PM
What is the website. I would like to see the poor creatures. I bet they are darling.

I don't know anything about them. But I bet that they are fine pets.

LL1
October 13th, 2004, 07:43 PM
AMHL is a great rescue - they have alot of information about Malamutes on their site: http://www.malamuterescue.com/aboutmals.html

heeler's rock!
October 13th, 2004, 10:18 PM
My hubby's family has a malamute and they are beautiful dogs. As for temperment, they are very much one owner dogs. They are friendly with people so they make lousy guard dogs. They have EXTREMELY high prey drives and will chase and most likely kill small rodents and animals, like cats. Cusco, my family-in-laws mal, killed our baby rabbit 2 days after we brought him home. They are usually aggressive with other dogs of the same sex, and the males are very alpha if not tought properly from the get go. They are very strong and stubborn and don't like a lot of "rules". They are definitely not good dogs for first time dog owners and are a lot to handle if you physically don't have the strength. Cusco is a whopping 126lbs and he knows what he is capable of. He is very much aware of his size and will only take so much from someone before getting grumpy. Of course, training is always the key to a successful relationship with any dog, but be prepared for a fight with mals as they are quite the challenge.

heidiho
October 14th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info they are beautiful dogs,the website is www.pet-abuse.com,it has all police records and some pics of people that have abused animals,ifd someone could put the link here that would be great..I guess i dont need another dominant dog right now,i really think they are gorgeous though..

heidiho
October 14th, 2004, 09:58 AM
www.pet-abuse.com

heidiho
October 14th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Oh i guess i got it posted here,check it out it is great..

jackieb
October 14th, 2004, 10:22 AM
never heard of the breed before though but they look lovely why on earth would you do that! Poor things!

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 10:26 AM
http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/dog-pictures-breeders-puppies-rescue/alaskan-malamute-pictures-breeders-puppies-rescue/pictures/alaskan-malamute-0005.jpg
Malamutes are very similar to Siberian huskies. They are absolutely gorgeous dogs. They usually are very even tempered, loyal and loving animals. They love to be members of dog sled teams as well.

heidiho
October 14th, 2004, 10:51 AM
I love them,they are beautiful........