Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Like to say hello!!

ruby's mom
October 13th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Hi there! I have been reading this site for a couple of months now and have decided to become a member. I'm the proud mother of Ruby 4 1/2(lab/shepard), Crusty 8 yr old female cat, Calvin 2 month old male kitten adopted 2 weeks ago from Kingston Humane Society, 4 chinchillas and a Siamese fighting fish named Wade. I live in the "rural" Ottawa area and have always had all kinds of animals and rodents! Would like to join in on discussions to offer my past and present experiences! Trying to load Ruby's picture, but too many pixels, any advice on how to make it smaller? Thank's for letting me in!!

GsdDiamond
October 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Welcome!

Quite a zoo you have there!! I just love your fish's name....Wade.

Reminds me of my Uncle's Tabby cat he used to have....George. I just love unusual names like that. :)

You could try using a Photoshop type program and lowering your resolution a bit. Reducing the canvas size also seems to help somewhat.

mastifflover
October 13th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Welcome to you and your menagerie. New opinions are always welcome

jackieb
October 13th, 2004, 01:44 PM
hello and welcome sounds quite a house full

ruby's mom
October 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Thank's for the welcome GSD. My chinchillas are named Stanley, Bambie, Dryser and Shelby. I think they should have people kinda names! Thank's for ther pic advice, I'm trying to get it to work now, my girl LOVES to pose!

Thank-you Mastiff Lover, I think ALL doggies are adorable and I find my girl has a face that gets mistaken for a Mastiff occasionally.

Thank's for the Hi JackieB! A full house is a happy house :)

sammiec
October 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
* waving * Welcome!!! Wow, that's a full house alright! Looking forward to chatting with you.

HERE'S (http://www.irfanview.com/) a simple (and free) program for resizing your images!!

ruby's mom
October 13th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Thank's for the program Sammiec!! I think it's working now, it shows in my profile, can you see my pretty girl?

krdahmer
October 13th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the forum to you and your fur(and scale)babies! Can't wait to see pictures!!! :D

sammiec
October 13th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I can see it - here it is!! Please, share more!!!

ruby's mom
October 13th, 2004, 02:20 PM
I LOVE sharing my children. Here is the chinchillas custom built home by me and the little man I adoped 2 weeks ago!

krdahmer
October 13th, 2004, 02:29 PM
very cute....I love the villa...it reminds me of the bunny condo we had in the back yard when I was little....it was even insulated!!! :D

Sneaky2006
October 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Welcome! You have quite the zoo... keep the pics coming, we all love them here!
PS I can't see the pics that well, they're so tiny.
You don't have to make the pics that small to post, only that small to put as your avatar. Good luck.

Lucky Rescue
October 13th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Welcome to you and your gang of critters!!:)

ruby's mom
October 13th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Hi Sneaky!! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to insert these pics, I guess mine are all the wrong size!?! Thank-you for the welcome Lucky Rescue! My life philosphy is your statment at the bottom of your post!

Sneaky2006
October 13th, 2004, 03:15 PM
The one for your avatar is so cute and the right size!
But when you post the same sized pics in posts they're so small (I've done it!)
I think the ones I wind up posting are around 35kb or so... not too big, not too small.

sammiec
October 13th, 2004, 03:24 PM
With that program I sent you Ruby's Mom- I have found that if you input 320 on one of the dimension it will fill in the other one for you, save it as a "jpeg" and then it should be fine to post. Then you canhave the larger images that are easier to see! :D

chico2
October 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Ruby's mom,I too welcome you and your Zoo and hope we get to see them ALL soon :D I just love chinchillas they are so pretty,I looked after one once for a friend....he was very lonely though and my cats were not too amused by his precence:eek:

wAggie
October 14th, 2004, 12:13 AM
aww

welcome, welcome!

Bugsy
October 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Welcome.

I :love: the "will you rub my belly...please photo :D

ruby's mom
October 14th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Thank-you everyone for the warm fuzzy welcomes!!! It's so nice to read your comments, here's a better view of the villa. More pics on the way!

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 10:22 AM
There you go - you got it!

That's a neat little villa you have. Are they noisy when they are in there together?

ruby's mom
October 14th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Thank's...........I'm learning now!! Sammiec, noise wise, not too bad. One moved in about 3 months ago (a son of one of my girls.....long story!) and the first few nights they were having a party!! It was extra noisy! They are nocturnal so no real noise until the sun goes down, then they start with a squeaky noise to wake each other up. They rattle they cage a little running up and down the tree, but they are in the living room so I don't hear it too much. I've had chinchillas since I was a teen, they had to be in my bedroom then, they never woke me up!

sammiec
October 14th, 2004, 11:38 AM
I've had chinchillas since I was a teen, they had to be in my bedroom then, they never woke me up!
LMAO!! Many teenagers can sleep through a passing train - I know I could have!!

They're really cute! :p

glasslass
October 14th, 2004, 12:04 PM
I did! When I was in college and had my first apartment, it was right by the train track. Not fast trains, but a switching track, slow and noisy, right outside my bedroom window. After the first week, I never heard it.

And . . . . WELCOME Mom! You're going to love it here! I'm looking forward to learning more about Chinchillas. I've never been around any.