Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost African Grey Parrot

Carlowhereareu
October 13th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Carlo has a yellow-tinted black beak with grey feathers all-round and a dark red tail. He is 10 inches long and loves whistling noises, immitating clattering dishes, barking like a dog and frequently uttering "hello", especially when the phone rings!

Carlo is an affectionate african grey who was last seen hovering over dovergreen dr. (brampton) near wanless dr. and chinguacousy rd. He's not a great flier so he couldn't have gone far! I'd hate to say it , but I'm suspecting one of the neighbours must have taken him because I immediately ran after him but he was nowhere in sight! He has poor conditioning so he landed within a few seconds of flight. If you have any information please contact me. We miss him immensly. I'll offer a substantial reward for his return.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40397b5f_cf6c/bc/clip_image002.jpg?bfwZVbBBBRNU1CuQ

meggie1425
October 13th, 2004, 03:55 PM
OMG!!! Im so sorry, i REALLY hope you find him!! Since African Greys are expensive birds, maybe one of your neighbors did take him(and i also hate to say it). I would put up lots of signs around your neighborhood, and at local shelters and vet offices. You could also go to you neighbors doors and ask them if they have seen him. Here is a link to a site that gives good information on finding birds. I really do hope you find him, i have 2 birds, and i love them SO much. Ive also lost a bird before, so i know what its like.
BEST OF LUCK!!!
http://www.parrottalk.com/missing.html
-Megan

Carlowhereareu
October 21st, 2004, 06:25 PM
bump bump bump

Lucky Rescue
October 21st, 2004, 07:42 PM
Check ALL petstores within driving distance, in case someone dumped your bird there.

Also make sure you read all "Pets for Sale" ads in all newspapers.

Make sure you plaster the neighbourhood with posters. If someone did take your bird, this might make that person give it up.

I love African Greys. I hope you get yours back!!

BigDog
October 21st, 2004, 10:14 PM
sorry for your loss, I hope you will find him!
just today I saw an african grey (it was written on the crate) in the pet store on Yonge & Eglinton.
I don't know how common these birds are here, never seen one before... but that parrot in the store costs 1899 dollars! staff warn everybody not to touch the crate because this guy is very territorial and can harm your hands seriously

MEEKA
October 21st, 2004, 10:53 PM
I'm So Sorry To Hear That, I Know How Speacial These Birds Are We Used To Have One When I Was Growing Up. I Hope You Find Him, I Wish You All The Best.

Carlowhereareu
December 2nd, 2004, 12:46 PM
What was the exact name of the pet store. I have people calling me constantly giviing me locations and vicinities but never the exact name or address....plz reply...I've almost given up all hope of finding him. :(