Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i got arrested!!!

Jim Hall
August 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
stray cat hit by car dying in the street called the cop cop said cant do nothing so i basically sometherd her cause she was crying in pain cop busted me for animal cruelty made bail called newspaper and aspca we will see what happens oh btw my best bud is a 30 yr lawyer who is going to help me for free

hazelrunpack
August 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
omd, Jim, what a nightmare. :( I would have done the same thing! :grouphug: Hooray for old friends who step up to offer legal help, too!!! For sure keep us posted!

Love4himies
August 17th, 2012, 12:38 PM
stray cat hit by car dying in the street called the cop cop said cant do nothing so i basically sometherd her cause she was crying in pain cop busted me for animal cruelty made bail called newspaper and aspca we will see what happens oh btw my best bud is a 30 yr lawyer who is going to help me for free

So the question to the judge, would it be less cruel to let the cat die a slow painful death, or to end it's life quickly?

I hope all charges will be dropped. :goodvibes: :pray:

marko
August 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Oh man what a thing to have to do. wow.
I too hope all charges will be dropped :fingerscr

Dog Dancer
August 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, I don't envy you that chore! The cop didn't offer to take the cat to a vet even?? I'd have charged him with animal cruelty. I hope your friend is able to have the case dismissed. What a waste of tax dollars to charge someone for ending the suffering of an injured animal. RIP sweet kitty.

Longblades
August 17th, 2012, 03:35 PM
How did the cop find out? How does the cop know whether the poor little cat expired on her own or was helped along?

Ridiculous.

We've helped a suffering animal to the end of it's life a couple of times. It hurts, it's hard to do. Thank you for helping her.

Barkingdog
August 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM

if you had taken the cat to a vet and it was put to sleep would that had been animal cruelty too? I would love to know the answer to this. That is great you have a friend that a lawyer. I think it would had been horrible to had let the poor cat dies in pain.

Koteburo
August 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Oh! This is such a sad thing. Poor sweet kitty.
:rip: sweet furry angel

Dee-O-Gee
August 18th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Awh Jim. I sure hope everything works out well for you. :pray:

We all know that you're a 110% pure animal lover especially with your little Kitteh's.

:rip: sweet kitty angel. :angel:

Sylvie
August 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
How horrible for you to have to make that decision and then to be arrested :(

Where are they when children and animals are being abused daily :yell:

:rip: Sweet Kitty

Melinda
August 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
whoever told the cop should be busted for animal cruelty, how the heck did they find out??? hope the case is thrown out