Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Today! Black Cat Appreciation Day

Koteburo
August 17th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Did you know that August 17th is Black Cat Appreciation Day?
I just learned this :) so if you have one of those elegant black velvet furbabies give him/her a big hug and an extra treat ♥

http://www.emotasia.com/wp-content/uploads/chococat_sanrio_18.gifAugust 17th Black Cat Appreciation Dayhttp://www.emotasia.com/wp-content/uploads/chococat_sanrio_12.gif

Longblades
August 17th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I had no idea. We have two. Black is my favourite colour in cats. Is there a black dog day too? We have one of them too.

http://blogs.discovery.com/cat-scratchings/2011/08/in-celebration-of-black-cats.html

I'm not a fan of blogs, any old Tom, Dick or Harry can write a blog and have no credentials at all. The link is from Animal Planet.

Koteburo
August 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the link :thumbs up It was nice and interesting to read

hazelrunpack
August 17th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Hey, that's awesome!!! I think black cats are stylin'!! Black dogs, too! :D (Which, of course, doesn't explain all the primarily white dogs we have running around the house.... o.o) Seriously--when we finally get to where we're able to have cats, black is going to be my first choice. Sad that they get a bad rap due to silly superstition.

Digston
August 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Nigel is quite impressed he gets his own day and thanks all of his devoted fans :laughing:

Barkingdog
August 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Nigel is quite impressed he gets his own day and thanks all of his devoted fans :laughing:

What a beautiful cat and he looks so sweet too. I love cats.

hazelrunpack
August 17th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Nigel is a handsome fella, Digston! :lovestruck:

Digston
August 17th, 2012, 10:32 PM
LOL Barkingdog.... Nigel has been called many things, sweet is not one of them. He's a little :censored: disturber! He has a voice and he is not afraid to use it! I got out of a telemarketer call because of him wailing in the background; the telemarketer thought he was a baby!

Koteburo
August 19th, 2012, 02:49 AM
LOL Barkingdog.... Nigel has been called many things, sweet is not one of them. He's a little :censored: disturber! He has a voice and he is not afraid to use it! I got out of a telemarketer call because of him wailing in the background; the telemarketer thought he was a baby!

:thumbs up Not only he's handsome but also resourceful :cloud9:

marko
August 19th, 2012, 08:25 AM
very cool and lovely image digston!

CsqU4r3d
August 19th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Handsome dude indeed...I too love black cats....my black cat Buddy had one of those intense voices too, and a purr to match, you could hear him purring in the living room from the back of the house. :cat::lovestruck:

Barkingdog
August 19th, 2012, 06:59 PM

My daughter and her famliy has a black cat and the cat will wake my daughter up at 5:30 AM by screaming in her face ,the cat is not shy at all about saying he is hungry . I was told most black cats have Siamese in them and Siamese cats are know for talking a lot.

Koteburo
August 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Handsome dude indeed...I too love black cats....my black cat Buddy had one of those intense voices too, and a purr to match, you could hear him purring in the living room from the back of the house. :cat::lovestruck:

I love loud purring :lovestruck: