Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

weather

jackieb
October 13th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I just read on my yahoo site that britain is going to get the worse winter in century's. I have had to share this as i have recently emmigrated here and i love the snow but im always cold so people laughed when we told them we were going to emmigrate here. So now perhaps they will get a cold winter no doubt we will get colder but made me feel better.

No one in England can belive it has been so warm here in October according to locals it has been a rubbish summer here we only landed the 28th August 2004.

chico2
October 13th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Jackieb,the weather-patterns have changed dramatically.We went for a visit to Stockholm,Sweden a couple of years back.We went mid-June,remembering June in Sweden as warm and sunny.
Well,I did not take my jacket off once,it was cold miserable and wet :eek: and stayed that way most of the summer.I'll take Canadian summers anyday over Europe :D
Even winters here are better,at least it snows,not rain..although I prefere summer,but if we have to have winter let it snow :D
You'll see soon enough!!

Iggette
October 13th, 2004, 09:08 AM
jackieb.....your kids are going to love it......how old are they again?......well if they are over 2 at least......they can build snowmen, snowangels......snowball fights...lol......and Tobogganing....yippee my favorite....lol...but more fun to skidoo....love skidooing.......you have alot of fun in store for you :) this winter.....load up on film so you can send back pics to England

jackieb
October 13th, 2004, 09:10 AM
yea it will be great for them i love skiing but not to keen on driving in the snow!
the boys are 4 and half, nearly 3 and 14months

Iggette
October 13th, 2004, 09:13 AM
As long as you are dressed warm winter can be fun.....Must go to Blue Mountain if you like to ski......alot of fun my family celebrated Christmas there 2 years ago a little expensive for us though we had to rent equipment

melanie
October 13th, 2004, 06:11 PM
well thats global warming in action for ya. and there will be more of that to come :( :(

shocking isnt it. we have just had our warmest winter ever here, and it is the middle of spring and yesterday it was 40degrees celcius or around 105ish F. it was the hottest october day we have ever had in our history. and the drought does on and on and on......

GLOBAL WARMING is in your life

Sneaky2006
October 13th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Iggette... Where is this Blue Mt? We have a Blue Mt ski area here...
http://www.skibluemt.com/

chico2
October 14th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Jackie,here're a couple of snowy pics,one taken from my livingroom-window around christmas-time.

jackieb
October 14th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I have been skiing twice in Austria and on the dry ski slopes in England.
This is a really silly question but is it easy to drive on that much snow in England we would get a covering and the whole country stood still no school no trains no busses!! :confused:

Iggette
October 14th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Blue Mountain is approx. an hour and a half from Toronto knowing the basics of skiing is a must for these hills but there are lessons and smaller hills for beginers I believe

Blue Mountain Resort (http://www.bluemountain.ca/)

My Daughter and her Boyfriends family rented a chalet about 10 minutes from the mountain it was like going to the cottage with special perks......like the lovely sauna and hottub they had not to mention the scenery, Myself and Hubby brought my other 2 kids and his neice and also my other daughters boyfriend, we had a great time we stayed in a motel it was a nice change from the regular Christmas

Wow just noticed the new emoticons.....yippee party :love: sad :sick: