Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 yr old Australian Kelpie in foster

Leila Kullar
October 12th, 2004, 07:32 PM
I am also fostering a 2 yr old female Australian Kelpie possibly mixed with Cattledog. We have had very little interest in Lexi and I am believe it maybe her breed. Kelpie are not very common in B.C. I was hoping I might gets some leads further east as I have heard that Kelpies are more well known in the east. I pasted a link to her webpage if anyone in is interested in finding out more about her.

http://www.dogster.com/pix/dogs/46/71046/1.jpg

By the way, Lexi is an SPCA dog and an the adoption will be done through the shelter she is assigned to.

thanks,
Leila Kullar

Leila Kullar
October 13th, 2004, 01:39 AM
I just realized that my link to Lexi was not quite right. Here is the link I meant to post:

http://www.dogster.com/?71046

Bugsy
October 13th, 2004, 01:54 AM
What a pretty little lady....I love her ears :D

I hope she finds a home soon poor sweetie to be abandoned in the woods and to give birth to her puppies there :( She is very lucky to have you care for her.

mastifflover
October 13th, 2004, 09:33 AM
What a cute face. You are so sweet for rescuing this mom and her babies.

lexah
October 26th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Kelpies are exceptionally smart - I am from Australia and had a red cloud kelpie while there. They definitely need a home where they will get a lot of excercise otherwise they go a bit bonkers.... preferably to a home with another dog to keep her company :)

I hope she finds a home as they are excellent companions and extremely loyal and fun to be around, once she knows you are her owner she will never leaver your side!

Leila Kullar
October 27th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Lexi is definitely very smart. 3 trainers have looked at her and they may not all agree on everything, but they all agree that Lexi is an incredibly smart girl. They also agree that she has a problem with her fear aggression. She also wants all the attention so she needs to go to a home with no other dogs, cats or children. Hopfully, she will find a home with someone who is home alot or will take her everywhere with them. She is going to be a hard dog to place and she definitely needs a JOB.
Leila

lexah
October 27th, 2004, 07:44 AM
I wish that I could take her! (I showed my bf the pic and he fell in love - she looks just like Brandy the kelpie at home!), but unfortunately that is not possible. If you have any questions about Kelpies then I would be happy to answer them! (I know they are quite rare here in Canada).

Either way, she will make someone very happy. We got Brandy as a result of a break up (the girl wanted to just sell her so my bf bought her because he knew what the breed is like) and she is somewhat neurotic but in a very loveable way. She was extremely loyal (and now she is loyal to his mother who has her own school and takes Brandy there every day where she sits on the teachers chair and watches the class, and plays with the kids) so she has her own job and hates being left behind.

Here's a pic with her with Jester (Brandy is the brown one) getting caught playing on the bed without us knowing!!!

Leila Kullar
October 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM
"and she is somewhat neurotic but in a very loveable way".

This comment made be laugh out loud. I know exactly what you mean because that is Lexi. Your Brandy has Lexi's eyes. :D

Leila

lexah
October 28th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Heheheh well you know exactly what I'm talking about.... I also noticed on the site that Lexi "speaks in tongues"... and I'm not sure if its the same thing but Brandy would always make funny noises that are between a whine/bark/growl/some other noise which we always found highly amusing, she wouldn't just outright bark, she'd make these funny noises when she was playing with us... and there were times when you could see in her face that she just couldn't understand why she was trapped in a dogs body and wasn't able/allowed to do the same things us humans can do!

Amazing dogs, now you've got me all nostalgic! I do wish you the best of luck finding a home for her though.

lunybird
December 1st, 2004, 01:45 PM
Do you still have the Kelpie female? I also have a female that I love.