Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mossies!

Etown_Chick
July 1st, 2012, 02:48 PM
There, that feels better. Not sure about teh rest of you, but we are having a banner year for mosquitoes, and I just felt like ranting.
That is all

Dog Dancer
July 3rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
They are predicting the same thing here in BC due to all the flooding. I'm fairly high up where I live now, so I haven't really had much problem with them the past few years, but I guess this year may be different. They are annoying to say the least.

hazelrunpack
July 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
The little blighters were out in force this morning... :frustrated:

Dog Dancer
July 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Don't they say Bounty sheets help with deterring them? Has anyone tried tying one to their dogs collar (at the back) when walking? I should clarify when I said we were high up it just means we don't get as much standing water for the eggs to hatch in.

hazelrunpack
July 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Bounty sheets don't seem to deter them very well here, plus there's always the danger that Brier will pull one off another Pack-member and eat it (:eek: yes, he's a nudnik :D), so we don't use them.

Etown_Chick
July 3rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
I tried bounce for the dog, but it did nothing. Plus I hate the smell. Scruffy doesn't seem to be bothered, it's me that's going nuts! BLARGH
I'm in Labrador for two weeks. They're supposed to be even worse here. Wish I'd brought my shotgun!