Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

EWW Sick What hannah ate tonight SICK

Mysts38
October 11th, 2004, 08:31 PM
We were outside for duties tonight,and she used her golden nose and got hold of a dead mole(THANKS NOEL!our cat) and promptly put it in her mouth...I tugged at the rest of it sticking out and it it literally squished guts in my fingers..OH THE SMELL!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: well Hannah managed to eat the other half

WIll she be sick? or just have the scooterpoops...she seems fine and sleeping soundly..

Which makes me wonder..what is the grossest thing you can think of that your dog has eaten?

glasslass
October 11th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Eww! Eww! Eww! A chewed up cigar butt doesn't seem so bad now! And I bet she's really pleased with herself to boot!! Now give mommie a big sloppy kiss-kiss! :D Wish I could answer the rest of your question!

.unknown.
October 12th, 2004, 12:02 AM
when visiting my parents, my dog always finds cat poop....she comes inside and breathes on everyone. pleh.

But she's found meat and things... Totally unknown origin, it was taken from her mouth right away tho... Is that ever a battle!

Bugsy
October 12th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Ditto...Ewe Ewe Ewe ! :eek:

Cinnabear
October 12th, 2004, 01:32 AM
eeww, eeww, eeww. My female dog has to be known to eat her own feces. :mad:

pitbulliest
October 12th, 2004, 01:37 AM
My Chihuahua used to eat his own poop when he was a puppy..it was pretty nasty...

and just recently, I'm assuming that Messina ate some pickles that she found outside because that's what she was throwing up two times, two days ago...pickles and nothing but pickles...

Hmm..unless of course someone in my family is getting sneaky and doesn't wanna get in trouble for feeding the dog table scraps..lol

Which reminds me..I'm always nervous when I take the dogs out these days..as there have been some articles in the paper recently about some sickos trying to poison people's animals..you know, throwing rat poison into people's backyards or leaving it around at local parks...just be careful folks...Lord forbid our cuties eat anything like that..yikes :(

lilith_rizel
October 12th, 2004, 11:10 AM
I would agree, that is gross. But I guess it is in their nature. Dogs are much like wolves, only they are tame and kept as p ets. If they were born wild,and never domesticated, I would imagine that they would hunt or scavage for food. So just keep an I on her. I don't think she would get too sick.

Lucky Rescue
October 12th, 2004, 12:11 PM
As long as the mole didn't die from being poisoned, your dog should be o.k.

She will probably need to be dewormed however, as most wild critters have a varity of parasites.

OH, and EWWWWWWWWW to the squishy dead mole. :eek:

Delirium
October 12th, 2004, 07:40 PM
If you're ever grossed out, find a friend who has a pet snake. Then, invite yourself over on feeding day. Oh yes, there is nothing like the smell of baked rat in the morning. :rolleyes: Then there's the rat guts to clean up if you squish it too hard or, better yet, when the snake gets ambitious and spreads them all over his/her habitat!

I can guarantee you that nothing your dog will ever do will phase you after that.

Dee

lilith_rizel
October 12th, 2004, 09:46 PM
I bet, I have always enjoyed looking at the different types of snakes in pet shops, but, I have never watched during feeding time. It must be icky looking.