Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Boarding

Katherine
October 11th, 2004, 03:22 PM
My husband and i are going away for a week at the end of November and we are looking for a place to board Farley. Ive started looking around on the internet but would appreciate any recommendations people might have for GTA.

Also im noticing that there are "cageless kennels" and those that put the dogs in large pens .

What other things should i look for when looking at a kennel??

Im starting to get upset at the thougt of leaving Farley and i want to make sure that he is happy and cared for.

Ive also noticed quite a range in price from $ 22 a day upwards to $35-$40.

I like this place : http://www.uberdog.ca/index.html

but its a little pricey for us.

Btw, before anyone asks we're going to St.Lucia so taking him is not really an option ;)

glasslass
October 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Do you have any friends or relatives (teenagers) who might like to make a little extra money? Someone you trust? When we went to Japan for a month, my sister-in-law housesat for us. Our pets were able to remain in a familiar environment with little disruption.

Katherine
October 12th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Farley is pretty high maintenance and i dont really trust that any of my relatives would take care of him properly. I wouldnt want him to be alone for longer than 8 hours a day and i would expect the person to stay with him once they are home. Its to much to ask any of my cousins considering they are all still in Unviersity with such busy social lives.

Has anyone used any boarders they can recommend?