Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Saying Hi and a little update!

idream
October 11th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Hi everyone! Again, thanks for all the support after losing Bear! I've dropped by the forum a couple times since my last post and continue to find the postings so interesting. I must admit that reading everyones posts about their pets was making me so lonley. But for that I again thank you! My husband and I - after long consideration - decided to do it all again. I haven't had a puppy in over 14 years but I am now the proud parent of the sweetest little girl I've ever come across. I can't tell you how happy we are to have her..even my husband who was so looking forward to the second half of our lives - now that the kids have left home and doing well, fell in love with her instantly. Its a riot going thru this stuff again..she has so much love in her and I know I have tons to give also! Her name is
little miss E.V. Zipper..(after the late Eric Van Zipper- from the Gidget and Moondoggie movies..is anyone that old to remember??lol) we just call her evie..she even has a white zipper stripe down her chest..too cute! Were off to puppy school soon and I appreciate all the good information and advice on this site. I hope to drop by more often and will probably have quite a few questions as we go thru this stage all over again! Thanks for being here!

chico2
October 11th, 2004, 10:13 AM
IDream,great to hear from you again and that you got another little fur-ball to love.I know what you mean by being empty-nesters,we thought we would enjoy the freedom with coming and going as we wish.
But a house without animals,is really empty and too clean :D
We do however need to see pics of little miss Zipper :D

glasslass
October 11th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Yes! We need pictures! I'm happy you have a new baby! You can never replace a pet, but when you have a new puppy, you're suddenly remembering all those happy memories that you haven't thought of in years. I can't imagine a life without pets - the joy is that you now can spend more time with them! :)

Lucky Rescue
October 11th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Awww, it's great that you got another little mess-maker to brighten your lives!:)

I think we have all said "No more!" at one time or another, but oh, well.

But a house without animals,is really empty

That is so true, but don't know if I agree with the "too clean" part!! :D

Can't wait for pics!

sue fox
October 11th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Isn't it great having a new puppy? We lost our Roxie in the summer and having Scottie has really helped us through our grief. What type is he?
Ours is a Wheaten Terrier 18wks now send us a pic.!

goldenblaze
October 11th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Enjoy your new baby girl...... I think a house is never home without a dog or a cat. :)

Cinnabear
October 12th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Congrats as your heart fills up with so much love. :)

Bugsy
October 12th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Yeeaahhh.... ( clap clap clap) :D

I'm so happy for you... and also so happy you decided to stay with us.
YES please post photos many many photos...and may I say that is one lucky
puppy, I know she will be sooo very loved.