Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Gates Tip

Longblades
May 29th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Some of us use doggy gates. We made our own, feeling anything commercial we saw was too flimsy and too low. I thought I might give this tip now because it's large item pickup week where I live. And I saw two cribs at the curb on my way home.

Two of our gates are made of crib sides. They are higher than most baby gates. The spacing between the rails should be right for even small dogs because we had to cut openings for our cats to quickly escape from the wild puppy.

They are free and you might get four out of the ends and sides depending on how wide your doorway is. Hinges, closure, done. Already painted white, ours was, but I saw a a white one and a nice wooden one this evening.

If the mattress is there too, dog bed. :)

Hope this tip is in time if your community has a large item pickup.

Choochi
May 29th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I've done that once before :) Was living in a house with a large opening door way into the kitchen, it was a good few feet wide and no one for some reason made baby gates that big or they were super expensive or flimsy.. rigged one up from a free kid's bed some one put out to the curb, worked like a charm! And the spacing between the spindles was tight enough that even the tiny dogs couldn't get through.

marko
May 30th, 2012, 07:14 AM
That's a great tip Longblades :highfive: