Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nookie and Montana-a few recent pics

Rgeurts
May 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
We gave Montana his first bath a few days ago, then took both the both the boys for a nice walk around Telford Lake. Montana loks a bit "scruffy" in the pics, but he got a good brushing when we got home and was quite handsome after :cloud9

Dog Dancer
May 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Awww, they both look wonderful! Montana is quite the little poser there. Isn't it funny how scruffy they look "after" the bath! It seems to loosen up all the old fur and they really do need a good brushing to spruce up the next day. They're gorgeous and I'm jealous....:cloud9: I love Nookie's eyes! Montana has labby eyes, they're just inviting and loving, Nookie looks like he's plotting world domination.

Marty11
May 17th, 2012, 11:39 AM
"HANDSOME BOYS":cloud9:

Kirsten145741
May 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
So cute! They look the best of friends! What breed is the black one? Is that Montana?

hazelrunpack
May 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
omd, Robyn--has Montana grown!! :eek: Nanook looks pretty happy to have a buddy again! :lovestruck: (Even if he is plotting World Domination! :laughing:)

Kasianni
May 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Awww Montana :flirt:Nookie!! :flirt:gorgeous!!!

Rgeurts
May 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks all!!!

DD and Hazel, Nookie is just as mischievous as he looks here :laughing: :laughing:

He's always getting into something. Though I think world domination would be more Montana. That's one little guy with a lot of attitude haha. He's always bossing poor, passive Nookie around... and stealing all the toys! Shaun has to hold Montana and keep him occupied so I can play fetch with Nookie. Poor Nookie just can't keep up. He's so big and clumsy, but that's a lot of what makes him so adorable :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Montana is much smaller than we had originally thought he would be. He was a huge puppy... but it seems like the only thing that grew were those legs of his! He's got a very small frame, freakishly long legs and the cutest little personality. He sure has come out of his shell, and knows where he belongs now :)

Kirsten, Montana is the black one. As far as breed... we have no clue! So your guess is as good as ours! :laughing: :laughing:

He's a rescue baby :)

Rgeurts
May 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM
They're gorgeous and I'm jealous....:cloud9:

Want 'em for a few days? I could use a break!!! :laughing: :D

CsqU4r3d
May 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
They are both gorgeous!!! Wow I am surprised, Montana's first puppy pictures looked like he would soon dwarf Nookie! Now as you say seems only the legs grew!:crazy::dog::dog::flirt::flirt:

BastienBully
May 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Beautiful dogs!! :lovestruck: Thanks for sharing

Rgeurts
May 17th, 2012, 04:52 PM
They are both gorgeous!!! Wow I am surprised, Montana's first puppy pictures looked like he would soon dwarf Nookie! Now as you say seems only the legs grew!:crazy::dog::dog::flirt::flirt:

It's crazy!! He really was a big puppy. The older he gets, the slimmer and taller he gets, but nothing else seems to be growing lol. I don't think he'll get over 55-60 pounds, full grown. It's ok though, easier to handle :)

Beautiful dogs!! :lovestruck: Thanks for sharing

We thank you, Bastien!! :)

Dog Dancer
May 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Robyn I'd love to have them for a week! :cloud9: Not sure how Halo would feel about that, but I'm on. :D Brave when I know we're in different provinces huh....

Halo was always like that with toys with Shadow. But Shadow was faster than Halo so if she wanted to take off with a toy she could. Halo would try to chase her and just end up crying as she fell further behind. It was so funny.

Of course, if and when we get the puppy the joke will be on her, she's going to be the slow one again. For the last little while she was able to run circles around Shadow and she thought that was great.

I'm thinking of calling the new pup Lupo. It's Italian for wolf. I figure DH could pronounce that. He was good with Shadow, but he calls Halo - Tayler. Lupo should be right up his alley! Most people have the dog and no name. I have the name and no dog.

pbpatti
May 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Robyn, thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures of your terrific
fur-boys!

DD, Sasha got her name 18 months before she was even born! so being prepared is good thing.

Goldfields
May 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Nookie looks like he's plotting world domination.

LOL@this , DD. :D

Robyn, Montana could change a lot yet. My first cattle dog, at around 10 to 12 months looked like a cross between a cattle dog and a Greyhound, she didn't body up till later. :D Lovely photo's of your angels, as usual.

Dee-O-Gee
May 17th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Such a sweet looking pair Rgeurts. :lovestruck:

Always enjoy seeing picture of the boys especially Nookie and that mile long tongue! :D

Sylvie
May 17th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Great pictures, boy Montana :lovestruck: is growing up too fast. Of course Nookie is the most handsome boy :lovestruck:

Don't make us wait so long next time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rgeurts
May 17th, 2012, 11:35 PM
LOL@this , DD. :D

Robyn, Montana could change a lot yet. My first cattle dog, at around 10 to 12 months looked like a cross between a cattle dog and a Greyhound, she didn't body up till later. :D Lovely photo's of your angels, as usual.

I hope he does bulk up a bit, he's so "gangly" haha. But if not, that's ok too... he's still 100% adorable :D

Always enjoy seeing picture of the boys especially Nookie and that mile long tongue! :D

LOL D.O.G, Shaun and I were just talking about that (and having yet another laugh at Nookie Monsters expense :D). He has a HUGE tongue! The pic below is the one we were laughing at. He reminds me of Gene Simmons, from KISS :laughing:

Great pictures, boy Montana :lovestruck: is growing up too fast. Of course Nookie is the most handsome boy :lovestruck:

Don't make us wait so long next time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

LoL Sylvie... He doesn't look like he grown much to me, except growing a couple pairs of Stork legs!! I see him everyday, so I guess I don't notice it as much :)

Sylvie
May 18th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Awe another picture of Nookie :cloud9:

Our Shadow had the skinniest long legs when she was young, we used to call her skinny minny. :laughing: I sure do miss my girl.

marko
May 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I love seeing your pics Rgeurts - gosh your doogers are beautiful :highfive:

Goldfields
May 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Am I imagining it or did you once say that Nookie is hypothyroid, Robyn? If he is then that would explain the big tongue, strangely enough in humans that is a symptom. Other than that, he just has lots to lick you with. :)

Winston
May 20th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Rguerts absolutely awesome pics of your boys! Montant certainly is growing! He looks so happy! and yes he seems tohave those labby eyes. Nookie looks great too! so glad things are going well for your two! :thumbs up

chico2
May 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Robyn,I saw them on FB,but these pics are even better.
I just LOVE the closeup of Nookie face,he's soooo cute and handsome.
Montana looks wonderful a little scruffy:lovestruck:

Barkingdog
May 21st, 2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks all!!!

DD and Hazel, Nookie is just as mischievous as he looks here :laughing: :laughing:

He's always getting into something. Though I think world domination would be more Montana. That's one little guy with a lot of attitude haha. He's always bossing poor, passive Nookie around... and stealing all the toys! Shaun has to hold Montana and keep him occupied so I can play fetch with Nookie. Poor Nookie just can't keep up. He's so big and clumsy, but that's a lot of what makes him so adorable :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Montana is much smaller than we had originally thought he would be. He was a huge puppy... but it seems like the only thing that grew were those legs of his! He's got a very small frame, freakishly long legs and the cutest little personality. He sure has come out of his shell, and knows where he belongs now :)

Kirsten, Montana is the black one. As far as breed... we have no clue! So your guess is as good as ours! :laughing: :laughing:

He's a rescue baby :)

Montana is a real handsome boy! I love his fur. Both dogs are beautiful .