Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

confused

lucytomp
October 9th, 2004, 09:16 PM
two months ago i took in a 4 year old neutered male cat named pepper from a girl at work who moved out of town. he seemed to be doing fine. him and lucy my two year old spayed female tabby get alone great together. couple days ago i noticed two bald spots on his back hinds. i watched him he would lick and then bite the fur out. so now he has two bald spots. is this normal or could it be he is just stressed, because my home is the third home in less than two months, befor she left. my other cat lucy is doing great. i took her when my boss left town. i would appreciate any info.

thanks lucytomp

Lucky Rescue
October 9th, 2004, 09:26 PM
IF the cat has no parasites, I would definitely say this is stress. One of my cats did the same thing when I added a 3rd cat to the house, even though they got along fine.

You might want to try "Rescue Remedy" for him. You can get this at a health food store.:)

chico2
October 10th, 2004, 02:18 PM
My cat Chico licked off all the hair on his tummy,I got some Variton- cream from the vet,of course it does not lower his stress-level but it made the hair grow back.