Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good news for Chico..

chico2
April 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I just got the results from Chico's second FreeT4(I believe that's what it's called)the more inclusive T4.
On 2 pills/day his kidney-levels were high,as well as his Creatin(?)
But after we changed to one pill/day everything is looking good,I am very,very excited about that.
Chico is back to his normal self:thumbs up
Vinnie has a marble-sized lump on his back-leg,but my vet is not suggesting any treatment,but a wait and see.
He said the way it feels it's more than likely not cancerous and that it is a difficult place to operate,because Vinnies weight,there is no way he could hold his body up on 3 legs.
Vinnie has lost some weight,about one pound in 2 months.
Also my vet checked Chico's teeth and he was astounded at how good they are,at 15yrs old always eating canned food,never had his teeth cleaned,they are just perfect,amazing!

One thing that bothered me,the vet-tech was quite surprised that I did not want any more vaccines,other than Rabies every 3 yrs,she said they really needed Panleukopenia vaccines,I have no idea what that is,but I still declined.

Rgeurts
April 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Chico, what wonderful news!!!! I'm SO glad that the results have improved :thumbs up

It's so scary playing the waiting game, and stressful :yell:

Give your beautiful boys love from me :D

Dog Dancer
April 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Chico that's great news! It's always so relieving to hear things are going the right way.

Just trust your gut with the other stuff. You know your kitties best and what they do and don't need.

chico2
April 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Well,Chico still has HyperT,but he is doing really good,nothing like the way my Rocky was.
As for the shots,I decided a while back no more vaccine for the boys,they've had shots every year since they were kittens,because I thought they needed them,but no more,only Rabies every 3 yrs.

hazelrunpack
April 27th, 2012, 09:45 PM
That's great news about Chico, chico2! Must be a bit of a relief for you. :D And that's great that Vinnie is beginning to lose a little weight!