Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ban Pitbulls?

LL1
October 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
While googling today for a piece of legislation on apartments - this page popped up - some pretty odd views from readers of the Brantford paper:

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/webapp/feedback/feedbackcontent.asp?catmainname=Feedback&catname=Read+Feedback

Akeeter
October 10th, 2004, 01:12 AM
:rolleyes: Animal Advocates of B.C. They are U.S. stats, not Cdn., & they are for the years 1997, & 1998 only. They are Not across the board stats! And they sure aren't Canadian! And none of them specify the # children as fatalities.

The stupid thing is my daughter & i walk Staffy & Pit crosses at the Brantford shelter all the time. They are about the best behaved dogs in the shelter. It's too bad these jerks don't actually meet a Pit or Staffy, instead of only reading about them.

If I got all my opinions about _________ (pick any racial, religious, or cultural group here) from the newspapers, I'd probably have a poor opinion of them.

Check out the Aniaml Advocatres of B.C. web site re: Cheech & see how 'awful & dangerous' they think Rotti crossbreds are. ;-)

LL1
October 10th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Oh I know. I run a rescue and am in Toronto and GTA shelters all the time, I have no worries with the Pitbulls and Staffy and crosses that I meet, but I won't stick my hand in with any little white dogs LOL!

glasslass
October 10th, 2004, 06:24 PM
but I won't stick my hand in with any little white dogs LOL!
Is that racism? :confused:

pitbulliest
October 10th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I posted on that website..look out for my comments to the audience you guys ..muahaha *smirks*

glasslass
October 10th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Visualize Den-Den raising his little white leg . . . . :D :eek:

LL1
October 10th, 2004, 09:52 PM
LOL - definitely not sticking my hand near him!

r0amy0
December 31st, 2004, 08:37 AM
how come I still see PitBulls for sale advertised in Classifieds in Ontario, if they are banned?

Dukieboy
December 31st, 2004, 08:46 AM
They are not banned yet.

pitbulliest
December 31st, 2004, 07:30 PM
GAWD...don't you people keep up with the news? :P