Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The puppy that almost was - mine

Dog Dancer
March 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Prepare for cuteness overload! These are the two Mal puppies that I didn't get to pick from :(. We're going to go visit them next week though. Talk about torture. They're 3 weeks old here.

Goldfields
March 27th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Oh, they are just gorgeous. Let's hope the breeder changes her mind.

Rgeurts
March 27th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Oh DD, they're just BEAUTIFUL!! I have such a soft spot for Mals :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Did the breeder decide not to sell them?

Dog Dancer
March 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah, she had told us all along that they would only sell one if they had enough, they were breeding to increase their own stock lines for showing and breeding as their dogs are getting older now. Sadly they only got the two pups and have decided to keep both. We are going out to see them anyhow, plus they are boarding a female from the US who will be bred to their stud this month I think. They will keep her until she weans her pups and have offered us one of these ones (a fall puppy). So this will give us a chance to go and meet the new mom to be anyhow, as well as see these cuties.

I'm not sure about the female they bred, it is theirs, she's 4 years old and I think it may have been her first litter. They had to do a c-section on her, so would that mean that they won't breed her again? I haven't had a chance to talk to the owner, but I would suspect it doesn't make her a good candidate, another reason they would really want to keep these two.

Longblades
March 28th, 2012, 08:38 AM
For some reason I was expecting Malinois puppies as they are called Mals too. OH, just look at those cute, pudgy little faces.

Now, when you go to visit and you take that big, empty bag in with you, I suggest you pre-stuff it with something lumpy and moving so that when you sneak the puppy out it won't be noticed as much. :)

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Dang, they're darling! :lovestruck:

I think Longblades might be onto something with that big lumpy bag idea! :o :laughing:

But barring that, at least you'll be able to meet the dam of your prospective fall puppy and play with the little previews they have on hand. :D It'll just build the anticipation and make it all that much more exciting!

Dog Dancer
March 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Longblades I've already thought about the big bag theory. :D Given they only have 2 pups though they might notice. I'm looking forward to seeing them for sure. I'll take my real camera this time.

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Yay! Don't forget to charge the battery!!! :D

Sylvie
March 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM
OMD they are so darn cute :lovestruck:

The fall will be here before we know it.