Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

anyone got any cold remedys

jackieb
October 8th, 2004, 02:34 PM
we all have stinking colds in our house i cannot take alot of tablets as im on a drug which reacts to cold tablets. So has anyone got any natural remedies for colds.

:eek:

mastifflover
October 8th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Echinachea Forte or if you go to a health food store ask for Flu buster it starts with an O and is about 15 letters long it works for colds as well

Cinnabear
October 8th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Chicken soup with garlic supposed to be a good cure.

sammiec
October 8th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Sleep and drink lots of fluids - water, juice, that always works!

Sneaky2006
October 8th, 2004, 03:19 PM
If you have the whole congested nose and chest thing, vicks vapor rub works great! Really loosens and opens things up. Rub it on your chest and even a bit below your nose... just don't eat or snort it! :p

GsdDiamond
October 8th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Better than just chicken soup: eat the chicken soup while soaking in a hot tub of water.

Sweat that bug out! :eek:

melanie
October 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM
:D :D do you have vicks vapor rub in your country?? if not can you get horse radish at your helth food store?? either of these producst are guaranteed to burn the cold our of you - if vicks, get lots of it and rub it on the bottom of your feet, nice and thick, put your socks back on and go to bed, you will be cooking by morning. if horshradish, od the same just mix it is some vasaline goo so it sticks to your feet, and throw in a few dashes of eucalyptus oil as well, mix it up, slather it on your feet, and voila, burn baby burn and you will be better in no time.

for a throat reliever and general remedy i use this-
a few drops of eucalyptus oil, 4 cloves of garlic crushed, a dash of dried chili, a bit of horse radish, heaps of tblspoons of honey and mix it up in a sml container. take a teaspoon of this every two hours, it will relieve a sore throat and kill what ails ya :D :D

jackieb
October 8th, 2004, 05:28 PM
thanks will try it all and will go to bed early and get hubby to buy some vics on the way home.

Ling
October 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
I find that hot water with lemon and honey helps me when I have a cold.

Or make some veggie stock - carrots, onions, cabbage, celery, brocolli, cauliflower, spinach - whatever veggies you got laying in the fridge - carrots are a must though - that's what makes it nice and sweet. You get all the nutrients without having to eat 5lbs of veggies. Gets you better PDQ.

Hope you feel better soon.

glasslass
October 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Sometimes when you're all stuffy, a hand vibrator works miracles. Run it along your cheekbone to your ear, up your temples. A cup of hot chicken boullianne (sp?) with a generous dash of fresh lemon juice and hot pepper sauce also helps.

Stewart
October 9th, 2004, 04:28 AM
One remedy we use over here out in the sticks is hot cider and ginger, half to one teaspoon of ground ginger in a qauter of a pint of scrumpy(rough cider)put in a saucepan to boil then drink it hot and straight off to bed and boy you sweat it out ! :eek: Next day its usually gone ;) Hard to get it down but boy it sure works :)