Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm New! Just wanted to say Hi!

schnauzerlove
October 8th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Hi: I've been reading posts on this site for a few weeks now and decided I wanted to become a part of this great site!

I live in Ontario, Canada and have 4 children (2 four-legged, one manchild and one child in the body of a man).

We have a beautiful yellow Lab named Shelby. She is an awesome dog (totally housetrained by 5 months), calm and gentle. Her only setback is that she CHEWS!! She would eat the furniture if left unattended. From what I hear, this is common with this breed for the first few years. We will be patient. (Oh yeah, and twice a year she sheds so much our hardwood floors look like carpets! Hard to believe she's not bald from the amount of hair coming off her!!)

We recently adopted our first small dog...a Mini Schnauzer named Jimmy! He is about 14 weeks old now and, believe it or not, sleeps through the night...bed at ten, up at six. Can't ask for better than that!! He's absolutely adorable and, we have discovered, easy to spoil! Too cute for words!

Jimmy and Shelby love each other, but we have to be careful Shelby doesn't step on him....he's still so small!!

I am going to try to add pics of my dogs .... hope it works!!

This is a great site and I can see that it has been very helpful for many people and pets. Keep up the great job!

heeler's rock!
October 8th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Welcome to pets.ca! :D Your babies are very cute! I can empathize with your shedding situation. My oldest heeler sheds a lot, all year long!!! I too am surprised she still has a full coat and no bald spots!!! :eek:

Lucky Rescue
October 8th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Welcome! Your puppers are just beautiful. :D

krdahmer
October 8th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Well welcome to you and your cutie pups! :D

GsdDiamond
October 8th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Welcome! I too can say I have tumbleweeds rolling across the floor from the shedding! What we won't put up with to keep their love eh? ;)

Your pups are so adoreable. :D :D :D

glasslass
October 8th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Welcome! Shelby and Jimmy are beautiful!

mastifflover
October 8th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the board and your 4 legged kids are very cute.

sammiec
October 8th, 2004, 02:52 PM
WELCOME!! *waving*

You're doggies are wonderful! You'll enjoy it here, there are many great people!

chico2
October 9th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Yes,welcome to the Forum,great pictures!! Wonderful dogs!
This is a great Forum and the more the merrier :D

anniebananie
October 9th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Welcome. This is an interesting and helpful web page. Love the pups. I live up on Lake Huron - Kincardine -where abouts are you.

Anne :)

krdahmer
October 9th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Hey Anne...my out-laws live in Kincardine! That's where hubby is from....hmmm....wonder if you know him.... :)

anniebananie
October 9th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I wonder - I used to own the Book Shop in town - so know most people :D We live up by the Davidson Center - small world isn't it :eek:

schnauzerlove
October 9th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! And Jimmy and Shelby thank everyone for all the compliments (but I think they know they're beautiful!!).

In reply to "anniebananie", I live in Eastern Ontario, along the St. Lawrence River. I've never been to Lake Huron (Kincardine). Southwestern Ontario? I think??