Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How much for spaying a cat?

vicky1028
March 14th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi, does anyone know how much for spaying a female cat in normal case?:)

hazelrunpack
March 14th, 2012, 11:52 AM
It likely will depend on where you live and whether there are low-cost spay/neuter clinics available.

vicky1028
March 14th, 2012, 11:54 AM
So how much is the low-cost spay clinics in your area?:lightbulb:

It likely will depend on where you live and whether there are low-cost spay/neuter clinics available.

hazelrunpack
March 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Where are you? I'm in Wisconsin--might be a far piece for you to come. :D

vicky1028
March 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I live in Ottawa lol. I just want to know the cost for spaying a cat at most places.:thumbs up

Where are you? I'm in Wisconsin--might be a far piece for you to come. :D

marko
March 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Our Montreal vet charges 271. plus tax for spay surgery on a kitten 4-6 months. That includes everything including some pain meds to go home with.
Hope that helps - Marko

hazelrunpack
March 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Our regular vet charges $147 US for just the spay, not including pain meds or prior blood work if you choose to do a fitness blood screening before surgery.

The humane association in my county offers a low-cost spay/neuter clinic and charges $50 for a cat. Not sure if that includes pain meds or not since I just talked to a recording when I called. :D

sandyrivers
March 15th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Hi,

I think that in Ottawa, the Alta Vista Animal Hospital would be your best bet...
I like to mention them because they do wonders helping out with the cats on Parliament Hill, offering free shots and medical help when needed to the cats of the colony...

You should call around and compare prices from a few different clinics, as prices do vary a great deal.
Just sit down with the phone book and call the vets to ask about their prices, in about an hour of calling around, you will have a general idea of the price, and of where you want to take your cat for the operation.

Good to know you are a responsible person who want's to spay your cat:thumbs up

The cost of NOT spaying is far greater than the cost of spaying...

Best of luck to you, and keep us updated on your finds, it's always good to know this kind of info, as others in your area may be wondering about the same thing...this way we can all benefit from each other's knowledge...

Here in Montreal, the cost varies between 84$ up to 300$, so it's really worth calling around.

If you have any pics of your cat, it would be nice to see her, it's always a pleasure to see other people's pets!

Keep us posted on your findings, good luck.

sandyrivers