Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

any ideas?

jackieb
October 8th, 2004, 07:06 AM
I really would like a english mastiff having owned one previously i have contacted the rescue association and they had none which they could place with young children due to size issue I have inquired after puppies but they are expensive! Was wondering if any of you have any other suggestions. I found one adult male which a breeder had and said it was rescue the problem with it was that she couldnt say it was good round small children and as my eldest is 4 and a half. Im not in a hurry and want to make a good decision i do have the time for a dog as i have had one with the 2 children i know have 3 but i was brought up with dogs and would like one to add to our family.

Lucky Rescue
October 8th, 2004, 12:12 PM
The only thing I can think of to suggest is that you make your request on the following board.

These people all own molosser type dogs, some breed and show, and many rescue too. They might know of a mastiff needing a home!:)
Molosser talk (http://members.boardhost.com/MolosserTalk/)

jackieb
October 8th, 2004, 12:24 PM
i spoke to another lady in the mastiff rescue today she only knew of one mastiff needing rescuing in ontario there are 52 in Alberta but the cost of shipment and getting there would be hurrendous i have posted a add on that site thankyou :p

mastifflover
October 8th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Jackie did you speak to anyone in particular out west.Because if it is the transport we might be able to help arrange transport for one of these dogs. I know the ones that you are writing about and some had no training or socialization but they were still evalutating the last time that I spoke with Linda. If you pm me I will give you an email addy that might help also this woman is the one who put me and Buddy together. Buddy came from Montreal but the people who rescued him were in Montreal. So if you give her all your info she might hear of something and be able to connect you to a rehome or a rescue. I would suggest a rehome only because of the kids unless they have one they feel very confident about with kids. As you know these gentle giants are normally good with kids.

jackieb
October 8th, 2004, 01:10 PM
she said they were inundated with them in the west but " the shipment cost would be hurrendous and it would be cheaper to buy a puppy"

She could think of one mastiff in ontario which wasnt suitable for me due to the 3 boys.

thanks