Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Morkie/Mutt

Bullet1393
March 8th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Hello, new to this forum but just wanted to say...yes my morkie is a mutt. A beautiful, loving, happy, playful, little girl who no matter is a sheer joy to have as my companion. No cutier mutt could you find.:dog:

Melinda
March 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM
whats a morkie? what breeds are in there???? I figure yorkie, but what else? and welcome to the forum

BenMax
March 8th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Yorkie/Maltese.

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the board, Bullet1393! We'd love to see pics of your girl if you have some to share. :D

Dee-O-Gee
March 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Bullet1393. In your spare time, pictures would be more than welcomed! :D :thumbs up

Bullet1393
March 9th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone, to answer a question asked. My Zoe is half Yorkie and half Maltese. Thank you for welcoming me to the site. I was reading some past posts and lots of people were saying that Morkies are just mutts that have been given a fancy name. Your right - no argument there and yes they attach a pretty price tag to call her a hybrid. Hybrids the new lingo out there. Did I get her at a puppy mill, maybe. I did answer an add and yes there seemed to be some question as to her background but hey when you see what you want, whether life or love you go for it. She is special to me and gives my day more meaning.:thumbs up

BenMax
March 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Morkies are interesting little dogs. Funny how so many of them find themselves in rescues and shelters.

Marty11
March 9th, 2012, 05:57 PM
May I just add "since I have supported a puppy mill myself" :( Your pup is beautiful by the way, get some pet insurance for the first year at least. Unfortunately I did not and wish I had, puppy mill dogs are not breed with their health in mind. I have spent lots of money on skin issues. I am sure others will second that!!!!!

BenMax
March 9th, 2012, 06:10 PM
May I just add "since I have supported a puppy mill myself" :( Your pup is beautiful by the way, get some pet insurance for the first year at least. Unfortunately I did not and wish I had, puppy mill dogs are not breed with their health in mind. I have spent lots of money on skin issues. I am sure others will second that!!!!!

Indeed. That is why so many of them find themselves homeless again. Sad but true.
Good advice.

serenamlambe
March 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Morkies are interesting little dogs. Funny how so many of them find themselves in rescues and shelters.

Morkies are small, but they're full of energy! They have a mind of their own and ours has been tricky to housetrain... however, this may be in part due to medical issues. Overall, I think people may think they're getting a little docile purse dog... and end up with something else. Our Morkie Poo is so much "crazier" than any other dog I've ever had.

Get some pet insurance for the first year at least. Unfortunately I did not and wish I had, puppy mill dogs are not breed with their health in mind. I have spent lots of money on skin issues. I am sure others will second that!!!!!

I second it!!!! Our little girl's mother was from a puppy mill and she's had quite a few issues since we've had her. We didn't get health insurance early enough and we're really regretting it. We've spent thousands on her due to seizures, and I know of other Morkies with the same issue, as I've seen them on Petfinder.

She's a wonderful little dog with a hilarious personality, and I wouldn't trade her for the world, but she is a handful!!!

BenMax
March 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I actually fostered a puppy Morkie that I was able to get off of Kijiji. I convinced the guy getting rid of the dog to let the dog go with a rescue group to ensure the puppy got the best home ever...and guaranteed neutering.
It definately was a challenge to train but was cute as a button.
Good news is that I contacted a previous adopter that adopted a wonderful shih from the organization. She told me she was looking for a second dog so she came down from Ontario and adopted the little guy.
BEST home ever! Lucky little dog.

serenamlambe
March 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Wow, lucky little dog for sure! I love to hear of them going to good homes. There was such a sweet little black and white Morkie on Petfinder the last time I looked... it nearly broke my heart because he had seizures too. We would have loved to adopt him, but we're at our financial max with Keely right now. Hopefully he found a good home too :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
March 9th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Zoe is a doll, Bullet! :lovestruck: Thank you for sharing her pic with us. :D

Bullet1393
March 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts. Zoe is turning 1 this month. I got her at 3 months old. She is healthy, and has had all her shots, so I guess both of us are lucky. She loves others whether it be man or dog. She has twice the energy of all her dog friends and we go for walks 2 - 3 times a day for at least an hour. Her vet says she is in wonderful condition and weight. Her vet did say most treat these dogs as babies, carrying them everywhere and bathing way too much. Zoe get a bath only when she truly needs it and she would never stand for me carrying her anywhere. She is an independant soul and lives for her outside adventures. I am lucky enough to live in the country so her walks and runs leaseless are her main priority. She is only the second dog I have had. I waited until I retired to get a dog. My first was a rescue Shih Tzu "Obby Doobie" from the SPCA. He came from a breeding farm and spent his 7 years in a pen. I got him with the caviot he might live a year at best. He was abused, kicked, he had to have his teeth pulled, he was blind and deaf and did not know how to walk. I was blessed with him for 5 years - passing away at home last year christmas. Please if you can rescue. My Zoe, might just be a rescue also from a puppy mill but regardless of what might happen health wise, she gets my love and attention and I get her love and devotion.:pawprint:

lovepet
March 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Welcome Bullet to Pets forum
and if the attached image is of your dog then its cool and very nice
if its not of yours, even then its nice and cute :)