Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello, hello!

AmberPye
February 19th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I decided to join up today because I've been what feels like aggges without a proper pet forum. I used to be active on Livejournal communities, but the site started infecting my computer, and we just don't hang around contagious things.

Presently, I have two (And a half) pets. The two are mine, the half is "my boyfriend's cat", although he doesn't provide any of her care beyond petting, because she annoys me. I am the disciplinarian, and I can't "be mean" to Astrid because she's a "gentle pacifist", so she gets away with murder. She's a sweetie who never stops purring, so I guess it makes up for all the jumping on things and knocking over of the garbage can. I'm just not the main pet-er.

My cat is Egon. He was neutered January 23rd at 8 months of age. I'll probably be unpopular for my opinion of spay/neuter, but Egon was starting to harass his sister, so it had to be done. He doesn't seem to notice he got the snip, anyway. He's an 8.5 pound dilute orange-and-white tabby, somewhere between pied and mask-and-mantle. He enjoys trying to shove his face into mine to wake me up in the morning, cuddling, sleeping, wrestling with my dog, and catnip.

My dog is Peach! She's my third Pomeranian. Peach was born November 6th and came home December 31st. I got to meet her several times, and at first, she wasn't my choice. I wanted another blond male, like my first Pom. But it became apparent that he was very... Very... Calm. Like, they'd let the pups out to run around, and he would walk a few steps, find a comfy, and take another nap. Peach was the last born puppy, the highest birth weight (Though both brothers outgrew her) and a bossy little thing. I think I loved every puppy, but Peach felt the right-est. When she came home she had a bit of a morph, but not much, into a shy/insecure puppy. It took me weeks to get her to walk on a leash, but at least instead of running away from new people now, she "sweet-talks", bouncing happily just out of reach and darting in to give kissies. She loves everything, especially my boyfriend's buddy, and my cat. She's a smart little monster, too. She figured out quickly that barking doesn't have any impact, UNLESS it's important. She'll bark once at night if she has to poop, after learning that barking incessantly gets her nothing, and she ONLY does it if it's an emergency. She stands quietly at the door to go out, and if that fails, she'll ring her bell or come over and do a little dance while whining and making these hilarious faces. Those faces are the things that remind me most of my first Pom =)

Anyway, here they are!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/399689_2997599817878_1198731505_33401864_192631817 9_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401582_3097976167224_1198731505_33446740_925671521 _n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/400215_3147766891961_1198731505_33468318_115518103 9_n.jpg

hazelrunpack
February 19th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the board, AmberPye! And we didn't even have to bug you for pics--always a plus! :D You have a lovely furfamily.

AmberPye
February 20th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Thank you Hazel =3 Egon and Peach are my babies, I have so many pictures of them. Eegs is a ham who loves making faces and poses for the camera, and Peach gets this super serious, "Treats?" face when I take out the camera. Being photographed is more rewarding to her than strange dogs are scary! I used this trick yesterday on a "group walk" with some strange dogs, and after I took their pictures, Peach was happy enough to sniff and be sniffed. Silly girl =)

hazelrunpack
February 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM
They sound like real characters!!! :laughing: Looking forward to hearing more stories and seeing more pics.

BastienBully
February 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Werlcome to the forum! :D

pbpatti
February 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
What a beautiful fur family you have. Welcome to pets.