Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Am I nuts? Hahah.

serenamlambe
February 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Okay - am I nuts? I just spent 45 minutes calling around to all the PetValu locations here in Ottawa to see if they have any of Keely's favorite toy which has been DISCONTINUED :yell:

She plays with this turtle for hours a day, literally. It's the only toy she likes :rolleyes: We've gone through three of them.

Connor managed to get a hold of it again somehow and ripped the head of the latest one a few days ago and it's slowly losing all it's innards :frustrated: (usually Keely protects it or we take it from him if we notice... but he always ends up killing them in the end)

Managed to find a location an hour away that has three of time... hopefully going to make the trek by bus sometime this weekend to get them. I would of stocked up, had I known!

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Seems like all the good stuff gets discontinued. :o Which is why I always by 3 or 4 at a crack if I find something the dogs really like. hubby thinks I'm nuts, but I think it's just being proactive. :D

serenamlambe
February 17th, 2012, 08:15 PM
:laughing: That's a good idea, hazel! I'm going to keep that in mind from now on. I can't believe they discontinued it! :frustrated: Hahaha.

Also just found out today that the diapers we had before for Keely were the same brand... they just updated the packaging and changed the location of the tail hole! So weird! Managed to find one pack of the old version in the bargain bin...

lindapalm
February 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Don't feel bad, I went to four Big Lots stores, all at least an hour and a half away in different directions, to try to find a certain kind of cat scratcher that our cats love. Nobody had them, but later found them at WalMart, twice the price, but worth it. Yes, we are nuts.

Goldfields
February 18th, 2012, 03:07 AM
lindapalm, just saw my friend's cat scratcher that had been demolished totally (she threw it out while I was there) by her Bengal and Birman(sp?) cats, also the end of her beautiful leather lounge, totally shredded AGAIN by the pair of demons, LOL, and wondered, are some sorts of cats worse than others? My Persian doesn't scratch on anything. I must ask her does she cut her cats' claws? I do you see. Just the wicked tips of them of course. I laughed when I read this thread, we're all as bad(good?) as one another in catering for our pets' likes. I know I don't need to ask if you'll look again for any other turtles that are still available, serena. LOL. That's a given.

ownedbycats
February 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Ha! I'm not the only one who tries to stock up on a pet's favourite toys. Dr. Seuss loves fake fur covered slinkies. It was his first toy as a kitten and he carried it around the house. The fur eventually came off and the slinky broke, so I went hunting for a replacement. They were discontinued! Eventually, I found a couple bought both immediately, but now the last one is starting to die, and I have no more. Poor Seuss is going to be so sad.

lindapalm
February 18th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Goldfields, tell your friend to get a cat scratcher that has berber rug on it, rather than the normal looped one. It last longer, and doesn't shed as much. . The one I like has berber rug on the outside edges, and a sisal panel in the inside. Starts to look a little bad after 2-3 weeks, at about four months its shot.

serenamlambe
February 19th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hahaha, well, at least I know I'm not the only one! That's reassuring!

We managed to get her two turtles from our adventure yesterday, plus I ordered her one online. Actually, I ordered four, but they only had one left in stock... There is another store in town that has three on hold for me. Just have to find the two hours of free time in my schedule....

Keely was VERY pleased to get a new turtle yesterday. She must have played with it for three hours straight. She's very obsessive. Hahaha. But she was happy, so that's good... unlike yesterday morning before we bought the new one. She/we couldn't find the old turtle "rag," so she was convinced it must be under the couch. We must have pulled it out five times to show her there was nothing under there. She didn't believe us and continued to cry. Hahah, silly pup.

You know, this is all very funny... but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Goldfields
February 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Keely was VERY pleased to get a new turtle yesterday. She must have played with it for three hours straight. She's very obsessive. Hahaha.

That is so sweet.:lovestruck: You must have enjoyed seeing her have such fun.

Thank's, Lindapalm, I'll pass that message on. Wouldn't want to be there when her husband realises the end of the couch is going to have to be replaced AGAIN.:eek:

serenamlambe
February 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah, it makes it worth the effort to see how happy she is. Again, she's been squeaking the thing all morning. I think my BF is going to go crazy soon. I'll try to get a video at some point. It's hilarious.

ownedbycats
February 19th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I hope you can find another toy she will be just as happy to play with once you run out of turtles.