Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Against Banning Of Pit Bulls? Sign This Petition Asap!

Luvmypit
October 7th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Hey ya'll
New to this site for the sole purpose of getting this petition out there. It is created by the Toronto Humane Society and is done by online petitions. It is against the breed specific legislation for ONTARIO. So whether your from oakville or Courtice ON, please sign! Please take the time to sign it if you are against breed specific bans. I know if they plan to purpose a ban I will be the first at queens park or my local city hall (toronto) with my dog!

direct link http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?newban2&1

Or you can read more at www.torontohumanesociety.com and there is a link to the petition there also. They will collect signatures and forward over to Michael "idiot" Bryant. We need to stand up for our dogs. I would love to plan a day where all Pits and there owner simultaneosly show up at our local city halls in protest. But Im no good at planning ...... Let me know if anyone has any questions about my thread.
Thank you for your time
Colleen , Capones mom, aka. luvmypit

sammiec
October 7th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the board!!! :D

I believe this petition is floating around here somewhere already, thanks for bringing it up again! :confused: They have already proposed the ban, that's why there is this petition, right? Have you begun to plan a rally or protest for Queen's Park?

Luvmypit
October 7th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Why thank you,

Well I have been looking to see if a protest was already in place. But I havent found anything. I don't even know how I would go about planning one. Getting a hold of people. The proposed ban is on the table, but won't be I believe till November. They are discussing all avenues but are definately leaning towards a ban. I keep reading in the Toronto Sun that people are for a ban but pulse24 showed that most people were against it. We need to show these ignorant politicians who make legislation based solely on media driven images of pit bulls without even doing any research. I can't understand how these people rather listen to the media and concerned BUT uneducated citizens rather then EXPERTS.
It kills me, when did this socirty become so stupid? As you can see this upsets me. I just don't want peopel sitting idly by well the politicians choose what kind of dog I am allowed to have.

mastifflover
October 7th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Aprotest would be great i really don't believe the dogs should be there one incident of an idiot bringing an aggressive dog and your protest will be for nothing. That is all the media and the government will see. I do not support the ban of any dog. But we have to do things right or they will find anything they can to turn it around. You have a lot of support here.

Luvmypit
October 7th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Thats another thing. One thing I can't deny is there is dangerous pits out there. And owners who want it that way. So right I don't want to risk a huge dog fight.

Luvmypit
October 7th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Still I can't do nothing

sammiec
October 7th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I have said before on a different thread. I believe that victims of "attacks" and owners of pit bulls should be the ones to decide if these dogs should be banned. The media hype around this issue has created a whirlwind of false accusations and wrong statistics; other people have a difficulty not accepting what the media has portrayed these dogs as.
Even though BSL will affect every dog owner, it think that enough people that own small breeds are terrified that their dog is next (no offence). It's a biased way of conducting polls and passing bans, and it's not fair.

The young man that was bitten last week while he entered his neighbours backyard without permission; he had a big bite out of his head and 100 stitched to his head and legs. He doesn't want to press charges. He knows that he was at fault for entering without telling anyone. It doesn't make the situation better by any means, but it shows you that even victims of these "horrible dogs" still do not blame the dogs, in most cases.
Many of the attacks that have occurred in Southern Ontario over the past couple months have involved 2 or more dogs - maybe that's something that should be concentrated on first. Is there a connection there?

As per your last comment Lovemypit, I'm sure you're aware, and it has been mentioned many time here before but criminals will not care about the BSL, nor will they be first in line to register their dogs and microchip them. This ban only prevents responsible people from owning these dogs. Plain and simple.

Luvmypit
October 7th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Your right and its truly unfortunate. Just wish there was more that we could do.