Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cats and dog

Judith22
February 15th, 2012, 01:59 AM
I have had my dog over a year now and my cats will not come up from the basement. There was a dog here the entire time till he passed and this little girl came home with us 3 days later. Any suggestion on how to get my cats to come back upstairs and being part of the family.
The dog is not aggressive she is a lab if this helps.:wall::wall:

sugarcatmom
February 15th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I have had my dog over a year now and my cats will not come up from the basement. There was a dog here the entire time till he passed and this little girl came home with us 3 days later. Any suggestion on how to get my cats to come back upstairs and being part of the family.
The dog is not aggressive she is a lab if this helps.:wall::wall:

How did you introduce the new dog to the kitties? How old was she when you got her?

With cat/dog relationships, it's not necessarily about a dog being "aggressive", but possibly too exuberant. Do the cats have a tall cat condo or some shelves they can hang out on and survey the scene below? Does the dog have excellent obedience, where you could call her away from the cats even she wanted to play with them?

There are some other tips at this link that might help: http://www.labadoption.org/wp-content/uploads/Cats.pdf#zoom=100%

Judith22
February 18th, 2012, 02:08 AM
thanks I have tried all that was suggested in that article to no avail, any other ideas.:cry: