Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

old eng sheepdog crosses

Daisie
October 7th, 2004, 12:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone has an unusual cross, and what they are like? Have you ever seen a big dog crossed with a small dog, example ****zhu with a standard poodle? What happens when 2 dogs of different sizes get mixed like that?

Or an Old eng sheepdog cross with tibetan spaniel?

raingirl
October 7th, 2004, 01:06 PM
My father has a "goldenpoo" persay...a golden retriever belonging to a neighbour (the father) had an affair with a local poodle (the mother)...and not a standard poodle, a toy poodle!

My father's dog is quite cute and very well behaved. He is about the same size as the poodle, but has more golden hair (the poodle was white) that is softer than a poodles.

Daisie
October 7th, 2004, 01:18 PM
So the golden poo, doesn't have unusal body formation. Like tall legs with short body? Or stubby legs and long body? It turned out normal looking?

glasslass
October 7th, 2004, 02:19 PM
It sounds like some irresponsible owners to me! If my female was impregnated accidently, I'd be spaying her right away, like I should have done before that.

mastifflover
October 7th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I agree totally irresponsible a small dog like that could die

Lucky Rescue
October 7th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I'm trying to figure out the logistics of how a toy poodle bitch could mate with a GR, carry the puppies and deliver them?? :confused:

Anyway, this Murray, a GSD/Corgi.
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2137064/68933145.jpg

I'm sure you can guess what two breeds Dot is a mix of, right? :p
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2137064/68934150.jpg

And here is an ambitious little guy, trying to make a new cross!!:p
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2137064/68933161.jpg

Writing4Fun
October 7th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Our neighbors used to have a Samoyed/Corgi cross. Very cute, but a little psychotic. :D Sorry, no pics, but he looked like a Samoyed with half the leg and twice the ear. :p

Daisie
October 7th, 2004, 02:45 PM
okay the dalmation/basset looks cute, but the german shepherd with the corgi just doesn't look right. It's nice to see thought that all four legs are the same size.

I myself like a mixed dog, that's what we've always owned. It is just hard to know what you're getting, and when someone says I think my dog got pregnant, long hairy dog...big female.....to the neighbours dog down the road that is a ****zu...I'm curious what the product will be.

Can a female dog be impregnated by more than one dog? Or if one dog gets to her, that's it the litter is formed?

raingirl
October 8th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Well, I can definately say that the owners of the two dogs (GR and poodle) where my dad lives are totally irresponsible. Not to mention that, my father isn't the most responsible either (we stopped talking 5 years ago, I was sick of his *BS*). He lives at a trailor park...and a few of people there tend to fit the "trailor park trash" stereo type. Oh well, what can you do?

Guess what my dad's dog's name is??

Whiskey Fang Tiamo Killer

LavenderRott
October 8th, 2004, 08:41 AM
I would say that, judging from the feathering, Dot is an English Setter mix.

Lucky Rescue
October 8th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Sandi that pic of Dot isn't the best, but there is no feathering. Daisie got it - she is 1/2 Basset and 1/2 Dal. :D

Sheriffmom
October 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM
My parents dog is a dalmation JRT cross. We always hope that the mommy was the dal!! She is VERY smart. But way over the top hyper :eek: !! The trainer nicknamed her "Jazzmaniac". My dad says she is ADHD. She is getting a little less hyper with age though. :)

pitbulliest
October 9th, 2004, 07:45 PM
It sounds like some irresponsible owners to me! If my female was impregnated accidently, I'd be spaying her right away, like I should have done before that.

Agreed 100% Anyone that breeds mixes is just irresponsible in my opinion...especially if they're fad dogs..which most mixes seem to be...goldiepoos...schnoodles...etc...completely pointless..poor dogs.

melanie
October 10th, 2004, 05:34 PM
i know a GSD mixed with a cattle dog, it is the strangest thing you ever did see, but really cute. she is really short and squat with a cattle dogs body shape but the face of a GSD and the color and tail too, she is really cute though.