Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need help

mastifflover
February 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
This is one of the hardest things I have had to do in a long time. I need help. I have not worked for a few months now with no prospects yet, but I am still diligently looking. I am out of money and almost out of food for Clark. I have looked for a food bank with dog food and there is none and Humane Society cannot guarantee they will have any if I go there and it is a very long walk since I do not have any money left, no TTC. Does anyone anywhere? I am devastated that if I cannot find one I will have to surrender Clark to Animal Control. For all those who know me know that Clark has some major issues and I know that he will not make it to the adoption process. He will be PTS and I couldn't bear that. I love him. If anybody knows of a food bank please let me know I am desperate for help. I am so embarrassed to be in this situation but I was hoping with all the resources here someone may know of something out there. I live in Parkdale and will walk anywhere to get food for him even the other side of the city. You can post here or pm me.
Thanks in advance
Robin and Clark

Dog Dancer
February 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Robin, I am sorry you are in such dire straights. It's not an easy time right now. I do not know the Toronto area to give you any advice, but if you could pm me with your address I'd be happy to send a few dollars your way to help both you and Clark out. It won't be much, but it will be better than nothing. pm me if you would accept that. It's not charity, it's just paying forward what I can. :grouphug:

Bearsmom
February 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Robin: Just a thought, what about contacting area vets and seeing if they have any expired/about to expire food? Pet valu? Petsmart? Costco?

BenMax
February 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Please reach out to rescue groups. There are many wonderful rescues that receive donations and would be more than happy to assist you.

Love4himies
February 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Mastifflover. I would do as BenMax stated, contact a rescue.

I know the Global here does give away expired food.

BenMax
February 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Ok - well I cannot help with dog food but I can help with people food which means you will have some money for dog food.
I have a Boston Pizza gift certificate for 50.00$. PM me your address and I am sending it to you. At least you will have food.
Now - I don't know where you are located but I do have friends in rescue groups and I can ask for help.
Tell me what rescues are around you.
Also - do you have a costco card?

mastifflover
February 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Thank you for the suggestions and help I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. I have spoken with the Petvalu near me and the woman is going to check and let me know what she has. Tomorrow I will check there are a couple of new vets in the area. Thank you again Clark and I appreciate it so much

BenMax
February 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Thank you for the suggestions and help I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. I have spoken with the Petvalu near me and the woman is going to check and let me know what she has. Thank you again Clark and I appreciate it so much

I pm'd you.
Please send me your mailing address ASAP. I want YOU to eat Girl.
Also, the 'banned' members and others want to help, so please get back to us.

free
February 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
can he clark eat human food. maybe the food bank can give you rice pasta peanut butter and see if any of the butchers are throwing out bones to feed him. i know its only a stop gap solution

Winston
February 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Robin

Cindy here. I would love to help you and Clark. Please send me your addy so I can send you something. Please dont be embarrased or feel bad. You have to do what you have to to get help.

I admire you for coming forward. I want to help.

Cindy

Dog Dancer
February 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mastifflover, you see what I love about this board (and the other board members who want to help). In times of need people really do have hearts of gold. I'm so glad this is snowballing for you! What great ideas have come up about checking for expired food and such! Bless everyone for their help and ideas. Truly it brings a tear to my eye that in times of need we can all pull together. You go girl!

Love4himies
February 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I pm'd you.
Please send me your mailing address ASAP. I want YOU to eat Girl.
Also, the 'banned' members and others want to help, so please get back to us.

Absolutely

BenMax
February 6th, 2012, 05:26 PM
can he clark eat human food. maybe the food bank can give you rice pasta peanut butter and see if any of the butchers are throwing out bones to feed him. i know its only a stop gap solution

Another great idea. Also, get some yogurt that is on sale. Rice as well. Butcher can provide scraps.

Hang on, I am sure more suggestions coming and more help on it's way...:thumbs up

cpietra16
February 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM
mastifflover, pls send me your addy....there have been so many on this board that have helped me with my rescue kitties...it would be an honor to give back..

BenMax
February 6th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Aslan wants to know if you can do on line banking?

BenMax
February 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
IMPORTANT - Pm'd you. Please read.:thumbs up

Shaykeija
February 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I am also in with the banned and the beautiful...check in with us....I need your address to send a little something in Annie's memory.:angel:

14+kitties
February 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I'm not with the banned and the beautiful quite yet but I'm sure I'll make it to their lofty heights soon. LMAO!! I am very honoured to call them all friend though. :D Please yes, I can't give much but I sure will!! You have helped me out in the past with coupons. It's time to give back my friend!! Please PM me your addy. I think I probably have it but it'll be lost in the pile of other papers.

:grouphug: Hang tight my friend.

Melinda
February 7th, 2012, 05:48 AM
could someone pm me her addy please? gotta love this board.

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
could someone pm me her addy please? gotta love this board.

Sure can. On it's way to your PM box.:highfive:

Love4himies
February 7th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I'm not with the banned and the beautiful quite yet but I'm sure I'll make it to their lofty heights soon. LMAO!! I am very honoured to call them all friend though. :D Please yes, I can't give much but I sure will!! You have helped me out in the past with coupons. It's time to give back my friend!! Please PM me your addy. I think I probably have it but it'll be lost in the pile of other papers.

:grouphug: Hang tight my friend.

Ditto. They are the most kind hearted people! I too am proud to call them my friends.

Love4himies
February 7th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Sure can. On it's way to your PM box.:highfive:

We did it at the same time. ;)

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 07:43 AM
We did it at the same time. ;)

LOL - well they do say that great minds think alike don't they???:);)

Melinda
February 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
*LOL* thanks all who sent it to me *L*

14+kitties
February 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Help is on the way my friend!!! The B&B are working hard. Hang on for just another day or two! :grouphug::grouphug:

14+kitties
February 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM
ML - I pm'd you but then thought - if anyone wanted to open their purse strings a bit and let the cobwebs free - do you do online banking at all? Funds would get to you faster that way.......

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM
In the mail Mastifflover.:grouphug:

dbg10
February 7th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Robin I e-transferred a small amount for you and Clark. I hope you get a job soon... That`s probably the thing you want most
Good luck mf

mastifflover
February 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Clark and I thank you so much for all you have done. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it and your support is more than I would ever have expected. You all rock. When I get back on my feet I will pay it forward to keep the good karma going. Again thank you so much I am so happy that I do not have to even consider giving Clark up thanks to all of you.

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Clark and I thank you so much for all you have done. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it and your support is more than I would ever have expected. You all rock. When I get back on my feet I will pay it forward to keep the good karma going. Again thank you so much I am so happy that I do not have to even consider giving Clark up thanks to all of you.

We are here for you mastifflover. The 'bad crew' left here and those that are no longer; all still stick together; sunshine, rain or snow.
You have done good by Clark when so many would have given up. You deserve all goodness dear friend. :)

Dog Dancer
February 7th, 2012, 03:09 PM
ML, I hope that you are feeling better about things today. What amazing people who have offered their financial and moral support to you. I am so glad that collectively we (including the banned and beautiful) have been able to help you out. I wish you luck in your job search and know that you are the best thing that has happened to Clark (and probably vice versa). Stay strong, this too shall pass. Keep us updated please, we do care.

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
ML, I hope that you are feeling better about things today. What amazing people who have offered their financial and moral support to you. I am so glad that collectively we (including the banned and beautiful) have been able to help you out. I wish you luck in your job search and know that you are the best thing that has happened to Clark (and probably vice versa). Stay strong, this too shall pass. Keep us updated please, we do care.

DD you absolutely ROCK. Wuv ya.!:grouphug:

Love4himies
February 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM

I hope your life turns around soon :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray: .

Love4himies
February 7th, 2012, 03:13 PM
We are here for you mastifflover. The 'bad crew' left here and those that are no longer; all still stick together; sunshine, rain or snow.
You have done good by Clark when so many would have given up. You deserve all goodness dear friend. :)

Those who have the biggest hearts are those who are the most passionate about the misfortune and distress of others :grouphug:.

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Those who have the biggest hearts are those who are the most passionate about the misfortune and distress of others :grouphug:. Yup, the B&B really came forward to help.

I know that I remember when I was in a VERY bad spot years ago. I did not have friends and I was too proud to turn to my family so I struggled and literally would cash in bottles to get bread. I had a GSD and some cats as well as a young child at that time. I remember accidently being 'late' to pick up my daughter from my parent's place so that she could eat well. My dog had alot of scraps from the butcher and I asked a resturant for scraps as well for my dog and cats which they obliged. I even nibbled on people's left overs. Wow - I know what it is like to be at that LAST penny - I really can relate.
Now that I am doing well, I never forgot that time in my life. I am certain that we have all been there at one point or another. But the good thing to remember is that things do get better.

Love4himies
February 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I know that I remember when I was in a VERY bad spot years ago. I did not have friends and I was too proud to turn to my family so I struggled and literally would cash in bottles to get bread. I had a GSD and some cats as well as a young child at that time. I remember accidently being 'late' to pick up my daughter from my parent's place so that she could eat well. My dog had alot of scraps from the butcher and I asked a resturant for scraps as well for my dog and cats which they obliged. I even nibbled on people's left overs. Wow - I know what it is like to be at that LAST penny - I really can relate.
Now that I am doing well, I never forgot that time in my life. I am certain that we have all been there at one point or another. But the good thing to remember is that things do get better.

I remember having to ration 1 can of beans and a loaf of bread so I would have something to eat each day.

Rgeurts
February 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM
The B&B, as well as many others, I'm sure. It isn't about any certain group, but more individuals. A bunch of people with good hearts :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Robin, I'm very glad you got some help and that rehoming your cutie pie, Clark, is no longer being considered!! Hugs to you both :grouphug: :grouphug:

Winston
February 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Robin I just wanted you to know that some members here have sent something to you from pets.ca. We are not all part of the other board but care just as much about your well being and Clark. I hope your luck turns around MF!

Cindy

Dog Dancer
February 7th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I have to say that I go on the other board occasionally, but very rarely, and went there to see how ML's thread was doing there. I was of course thrilled that they were responding but very disappointed that they seemed to be turning it into a competition. It really took the wind out of my sails. :(

Melinda
February 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
competition? for shame *S* but thats life I guess, as long as Robin and Clarke benefit. right? we're all human, all animal lovers.........:grouphug:

Robin, what type of job are you looking for?

Rgeurts
February 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM
competition? for shame *S* but thats life I guess, as long as Robin and Clarke benefit. right? we're all human, all animal lovers.........:grouphug:

Robin, what type of job are you looking for?

:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

mastifflover
February 7th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I am certainly humbled by all the support and believe me I will not forget. I believe it will make me stronger it certainly has restored my faith in humanity in this world when so few seem to not be involved in life or care about others. But you have helped to do that and for that I thank you.

Rgeurts
February 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Robin I just wanted you to know that some members here have sent something to you from pets.ca. We are not all part of the other board but care just as much about your well being and Clark. I hope your luck turns around MF!

Cindy

:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

I have to say that I go on the other board occasionally, but very rarely, and went there to see how ML's thread was doing there. I was of course thrilled that they were responding but very disappointed that they seemed to be turning it into a competition. It really took the wind out of my sails. :(

Sad that it turned in to a competition, but Melinda said it perfectly :)

14+kitties
February 7th, 2012, 06:11 PM
From Aslan:

DogDancer and anyone else. This issue has not become a competition and never will. A very good friend of ours was in need of our help and when we were informed of the situation we rallied to her side as did some of the members here. I was and am thrilled to see that Winston(who i had no doubt would come to ML's aid) Melinda and yourself along with anyone else who behind the scenes has offered assistance. This isn't a contest and I don't care who is on what forum a friend asked for help and a group of wonderful people have shown what both forums really are about. The only negative comment i saw had to do with the amount of views compared to the amount of comments and offers of assistance. I do understand that alot of the new members here don't know ML thus not feeling comfortable with offering anything. As i said on my side,,,if you can spare a couple dollars, have a gift card given to you that you aren't using,,a bag of dog treats,,bus tokens whatever and could spare it,,please do...To everyone who has helped (((((HUGS)))).

14+kitties
February 7th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I hope that clears up the "competition". I am very disappointed that helping a fellow member who is experiencing hard times has gone in this direction. Now, do you think we can get back to wishing ML and Clark our best wishes?

Love4himies
February 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
ML, I am so sorry for the turn this thread has taken. :grouphug: I wish you and Clark the very best and I hope that you will be employed with the job of your dreams :grouphug:

Rgeurts
February 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Those who have the biggest hearts are those who are the most passionate about the misfortune and distress of others :grouphug:. Yup, the B&B really came forward to help.

I'm sure this is the comment that got a few people thinking it was being thought of as competition. And it shouldn't be.

ML, I am so sorry for the turn this thread has taken. :grouphug: I wish you and Clark the very best and I hope that you will be employed with the job of your dreams :grouphug:

As do we all :)

Hopefully it can get back on track without any rivalry or bad feelings between members (and non-members).

Love4himies
February 7th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I'm sure this is the comment that got a few people thinking it was being thought of as competition. And it shouldn't be.

That was certainly not my intention at all. :(. Writing is not my strong suite and sometimes the words and my meaning aren't in synch. I'm sorry.

Mods please modify the quote to take out the sentence that starts with "Yup...". I will modify my post.

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM

Cindy

In the end that is what it is about.
It just goes to prove that ML is loved HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE!:)

Rgeurts
February 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
In the end that is what it is about.
It just goes to prove that ML is loved HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE!:)

Yes :D :thumbs up :thumbs up

Winston
February 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hey guys I am not sure if perhaps people took my comment in a negative way but let me clear the air so this goes no further.

I pm'd ML and I hadnt heard back from her today so I wanted her to know to expect something from me as a member of pets. Thats it thats all.

I apologise if those of you that commented took offence but this time it was not meant as you took it.

I am super happy that so many folks have stepped up and are willing to help.

It restores my faith in humanity.

If anyone has an concerns just send me a pm but hopefully this has cleared the air and that there is no longer any misconception about my comments.

Cindy

BenMax
February 7th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Winston I think everyone is cool about everything. We all collectively want the best for Clark and ML.
As long as Clark stays with Mom, mom gets what she needs then it's all good.
I think that we need to stop apologizing and watch every little thing said and some things taken out of context.
Everyone's intentions are good, and I hope that we all did what we did because we can and we really should just look around and realize that together (wherever we all are) can do something to help each other out.
In the end, THAT is what frienships are all about.:thumbs up

Winston
February 7th, 2012, 09:06 PM
This thread has brought to light something that I think we can all do?

Why dont those that are able also donate a bag of food or some cans to their local food bank.

My mom volunteers at a local food bank here and she always reminds me to pick up extra so she can take a few things in because pets are not thought about when it comes to donations of food etc. Its actually the opposite issue alot of these companies making donations will not donate if they feel their would be a liability. In some case that could mean there is an expiry date on a bag of food etc..

Just a thought! and a great way to pay it forward! :thumbs up

Melinda
February 7th, 2012, 09:14 PM
good idea winston, our spca officer, Bonnie, collects and distributes food to pet owners that need it.

mastifflover
February 8th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I think when you can only read a comment it sometimes takes on a different tone than what is really meant. I think donating dog or cat food to food banks would help people keep there pets if they had access to more resources for food. Good idea people. :thumbs up

Melinda
February 8th, 2012, 05:24 AM
how are you today Mastifflover?

mastifflover
February 8th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Feeling a lot better Shelley :thumbs up

BenMax
February 8th, 2012, 06:56 AM

Why dont those that are able also donate a bag of food or some cans to their local food bank.

My mom volunteers at a local food bank here and she always reminds me to pick up extra so she can take a few things in because pets are not thought about when it comes to donations of food etc. Its actually the opposite issue alot of these companies making donations will not donate if they feel their would be a liability. In some case that could mean there is an expiry date on a bag of food etc..

This is a wonderful idea Winston.
I usually carry a bag of dog food in my SUV or car. There have been times when I see someone homeless with a dog in tow. They take that bag of food without asking for anything else.
I think that the food bank idea is great. I also throw in cans of cat food for the cat lovers.

Love4himies
February 8th, 2012, 07:39 AM

That is a wonderful idea :thumbs up

Melinda
February 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Feeling a lot better Shelley :thumbs up

well lets pray things continue getting better and better!!:grouphug:

marko
February 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM
It's lovely to see all the goodwill in action :highfive: :goodvibes:

mastifflover
February 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Pretty amazing people aren't they?

Tommysmom
February 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I just saw this now... can we help? Robin, if you pm me your email address I could do an interac email transfer to cover the cost of some food? My husband was just out of work for a couple of months over Christmas... man,oh,man do I know how hard it can be. I haven't read all of the replies here, I'm am positive everybody has rushed in to help because it's just that kind of board, but I'm sure a bit more could help. Just let me know.