Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Raggs Has Gone To The Bridge To Run & Play Like A Puppy Again

dbg10
February 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Raggs joined his sister Muggsie and his priest Fr Leo during the night. He is now gone... May he rest in peace free to run beyond the bridge and play like the puppy he was when alive
:rip: :candle:

diandpat
February 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
((((hugs)))) sweet sweet Raggs. Loved you so much he wanted to try to live forever. We all wish they could.

Luckiest day of his life the day you and your family took him in. No one could have done more.

So so sorry for your loss. Raggs, run free young and healthy again at the Bridge.

We were all rooting for you until the very end.
:rip::pray::angel2:

Winston
February 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
DBG10 I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy Raggs. I know how dear he must have been to you because he meant an awful lot to those of us rooting for him all this time. Take comfort in knowing he was your special boy and you did so very much for him.

Raggs is running free of the pain with Muggsie and all the others who have left before us.

I wish you peace my friend and you know where we are if you need us

RIP Sweet Raggs
:rip::dog::angel2:

You left many of these :pawprint: on out hearts here at Pets!

Shaykeija
February 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I am so sorry for your loss....every day you had him , Raggs knew and gave love. The most precious gift of all...unconditional love...... Race to the bridge baby.....:rip::dog::angel2::pawprint:

chico2
February 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Aww dbg,although we all knew the day was coming,my tears are flowing freely,I like many of us here,loved him,without ever having met him:cry:
I am glad he's suffering no more,he wanted so bad to stay,he loved his family so much and you and him certainly fought for him..
We'll miss him very much...lots of :grouphug:to you at this very sad time..

Raggs,I loved you from a distance,maybe,since you loved to chase cats,you'll meet my Rocky at the bridge,tell him I love and miss him still.
:rip:sweet,sweet Raggs..

pbpatti
February 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM
dbg10, Raggs hang on so long with your loving arms and care. He has now sadly gone away physically from you but I am sure he will be watching over you and your family.

Go with speed to the bridge Raggs. :pray::rip: Hugs to you :grouphug:. patti and sasha :pawprint:

hazelrunpack
February 5th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear news, dbg :grouphug: It's never easy to watch them go, but you fought so hard and did such a good job of keeping him happy during his last years--he'll never forget that.

:candle: Run free, Raggs.

BenMax
February 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
dbg, my sincere condolences.:(.. There is no words to say dbg but I can relate and wish you Peace and Strength.
RIP Raggs. Run care free and whole once again. Safe journey little one. We will miss you greatly.:candle:

dbg10
February 5th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I keep thinking there was more I could have done in his last week with me. I know there was more, but I didn't want him to pass in a vet hospital, alone without his family all around him. I knew it was his time, but as we always do when a death occurs, there are regrets for not doing more.

Sadness engulfs me now that he's gone, hopefully soon to be replaced with the happy memories of his presence with me. May he :rip: and run free across the bridge with all the pups who have gone before him :candle:

marko
February 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry to read this dbg10 :sorry:
Please accept my deepest condolences.

:rip: sweet Raggs :candle:

Sincerely
Marko

Dog Dancer
February 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM
dbg, Raggs would not have asked for more from you. He knew how deeply he was loved and that you did all you could for him from the day you brought him home. RIP sweet Raggs, run free at the bridge being the puppy you were. Your family and your friends will miss you but will always remember you. :grouphug: to you dbg from your friends here.

ScottieDog
February 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Raggs was a very special dog. His story touched many of our lives and hearts. I know there is a big hole in your heart and the kitties are missing their buddy. Raggs was a true fighter and his spirit will dwell in your heart. Your diligent care and the depths of his love for you inspires us all. Again, my deepest condolences. It is a bad hurt.

Run free and whole dear Raggs. :rip::candle:

Marty11
February 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I am so sorry you lost Raggs :( :rip: little one.

growler~GateKeeper
February 7th, 2012, 01:39 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Raggs :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Rgeurts
February 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
dbg, I am so very sorry. My heart hurts for you. :cry:
You did so much for that dear, sweet, old boy. You gave him a wonderful life full of love and care. It saddens me to see he has passed as, even though I don't post in that thread often, I have been following it for months. It hurts when we lose them regardless of age or circumstance. But just know that you did more for him than most people ever would have even thought of. You didn't give up on him, and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I adore you for that. Please don't have any regrets or second guess yourself.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Robyn

:rip: sweet old Raggs. You will be greatly missed by all who have come to know and love you :candle: :pawprint: :angel2:

dbg10
February 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thank-you everyone for your kind words. :grouphug: He had a beautiful soul that he shared with us for just over 2 years. I was blessed to have the priviledge of adopting him.

One thing I haven`t mentioned was I had called the mobile vet on Saturday and asked him to come and put him to sleep when he was available. We had set Monday (yesterday) at 5pm for the time he would come. I knew Raggs was close and didn`t want him to suffer any longer, that is why I made the phone call.

I am forever grateful that Raggsie passed on his own terms at his own time before the vet came, here at home where he was loved by his family both human and animal. We are all very sad right now but the wonderful memories I have of him will be posted at Letters To Pushkin (http://www.letterstopushkin.com/) as soon as I can remember things I want to say to him, without sadness and grief overhanging my letter. He was a precious puppy :cry:

Rgeurts
February 7th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I am forever grateful that Raggsie passed on his own terms at his own time before the vet came, here at home where he was loved by his family both human and animal. We are all very sad right now but the wonderful memories I have of him will be posted at Letters To Pushkin (http://www.letterstopushkin.com/) as soon as I can remember things I want to say to him, without sadness and grief overhanging my letter. He was a precious puppy :cry:

Both our holistic and regular vets have offered to come to the house when it's time for Thorin, and we adore them all. But I pray that our dear, beautiful boy will pass quietly and peacefully in his sleep, just as Raggs did. What a blessing. It doesn't lessen the hurt of losing him, but it does bring peace in knowing it really was his time. :grouphug:

CsqU4r3d
February 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Sorry to read that Raggs has gone to the bridge...you both fought the good fight...pleased that he slipped away peacefully in his sleep...the best we can all hope for our furries when their time comes.:rip::dog::candle::grouphug:

Sylvie
February 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, but thank you for everything that you did for him. He was a special boy. He will be remembered and loved forever.

:rip:
Raggs

mastifflover
February 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Dorothy I am so sorry I missed this been caught up in my own life drama. I am sure you did everything you could for Raggs. But now Raggs is running free at the bridge pain free. Be assured he is watching over you all the time, they know how much we loved them and still do.:grouphug::rip:

Melinda
February 10th, 2012, 04:53 AM
run pain free over the bridge Raggs,
I am so sorry for your loss, Raggs was a lucky puppers to have recieved your love for two years....*hugs*