- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


can anyone help me?

October 7th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I have a few TINY flies really small and have incurred a few bites n my baby has could it be theese tiny flies and what are they?

new to canada never seen them before look a birt simular to midges we call them in england

October 7th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Sounds like either Black Flies or "noseeums".

Black Flies like to bite around the ears and eyes. Nasty little bugs. You can get ointment for repelling them, although I've never looked myself. Try your local pet store.

Noseeums are horrible too! You can't see them hardly! Little tiny flys that don't really look like flys but they really bite hard. They're attracted to light colours and you'll be able to see them when you wear a white tee-shirt outside. They're really not called noseeums. That's just what locals call them.

I'll bet dollars-to-donuts that they're Black Flies though.