Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost male black dog/ Shepherd/Lab mix Gabriola Island, BC Jan 28 2012

gabrioladog
January 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Our beloved dog has been missing from Saturday morning, He took off to the Gabriolas forest with his sister at 9 am, sister went back home but he did n't. His name is Dormilon, he is a large 7 years old black dog with long fur, he has a collar with his name on it.
Thank you

gabrioladog
February 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM
For all out there reading, our dog is still missing being February 8 2012. He was spotted on Sunday but no news since then. We are offering a $500 reward for that one that help us to get our baby home

BenMax
February 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
This is so heartbreaking. I hope you find your dog.
If you have another dog, or a dog friend, I suggest you take this dog to the area where he was last spotted. Your scent and this other dogs scent may flush him out. Also, they usually will come to another dog more easily to humans. Give it a go.
I am sure you contacted all vets, animal food outlet stores, petstores and animal control. Go beyond the municipality and advise there as well. They do travel and can cross into other areas where other pounds or human societies may receive him or have information for you. Leave a photo of course with the reward. Tell the pounds that if received they certainly will receive the 'donation'. This will encourage them to let you know if the dog turns up.

Best of luck to you. Pawsitive vibes coming your way.:goodvibes:

Dog Dancer
February 10th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Gabrioladog, sorry to hear you have lost Dormilon. I agree with BenMax, try walking the other dog in the area and maybe back home to leave a scent trail for him to follow. As a fairly small island, make sure you put posters everywhere as he could cover the whole area. Hopefully he won't swim away or have been picked up by a tourist. Make certain you put posters up at the ferry terminal and tell the staff about your reward in case they see someone leaving with him. Good luck to you.

BenMax
February 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Any news?:pray: