Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Favourite Breed

Arlene
March 12th, 2001, 04:38 PM
My Favourite breed of dog are Labrador Retrievers.

Arlene

Jennifer
June 17th, 2001, 10:18 PM
I prefer Bull dogs.

Scout
June 18th, 2001, 01:03 PM
I'll second labs. Best dogs in the world.:D

Dane_Lover
June 27th, 2001, 04:16 PM
I LOVE Great Danes! :D ~"The Apollo of Dogs"~

ice
August 24th, 2003, 06:10 PM
My favorite breed would have to be the Rottweilder, i'm owned by one, named Jazz

Carina
August 29th, 2003, 01:09 AM
There's no such thing as a bad dog... :)
But I've been owned by Rottweilers for 18 years and just love them.

Xenon
September 27th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Another English Bulldog lover here.

I have a 4 year old red named Licorice with a white ring around her neck, and white paws.

I don't really like the American Bulldogs though...

RuffNTumble
December 23rd, 2003, 03:06 PM
I must admit I am torn. My boyfriend's family was lucky to get a 1 1/2 year-old english bulldog for free last year, and that made me into a dog person. She is friendly, yet pushy, but you can tell looking at her that she's all love!
But now, I have my very own rescued mantle Great Dane named Laurel, and I have to say she is the nicest dog I have ever met. Just goofy enough to make me laugh, but I have never felt safer walking down the street with her!

I recommend both breeds wholeheartedly, if you can take their greatly reduced life expectancies.

mona_b
December 23rd, 2003, 06:18 PM
Well I must say my favorite is the GSD.I grew up with them.And my 2 current babies are Yukon and Tron.But my second choice is the Great Dane.My aunt bred them when I was younger.And my best friend has one.This is her baby Jazz and her sisters Beagle,peanut.My babies are posted in pictures.:D

RuffNTumble
December 24th, 2003, 09:29 AM
What a gorgeous Great Dane, and Beagle is to DIE for!!! I have never seen that colouring before. Then again, I am not that familiar with their accepted colours. I don't understand why some are and aren't. And I also don't know the difference between mantle and merle. oh well, gorgeous pets you and your friend have!!!

Carina
December 24th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Beautiful Dane!
RuffNTumble, a good friend has a rescue (black) Dane. She really wants a mantle; I understand this colour was only recently allowed as acceptable for showing.
Robbie's Dane is one of my Rottie Cooper's best buds. Makes him look positively small, no mean feat for a Rottweiler.

A friend has some photos of Dana (the Dane, of course) dressed as a ballerina for Halloween. Cooper is dressed as a fairy Rottweiler. They looked just fabulous. I'm going to get my friend Sandi to join up here so she can post photos for me!

mona_b
December 24th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Thank you guys.I have never heard of mantle.What is the colouring?Colours for the Dane have changed.The usual colours are fawn,black,blue,brindle and harliquin and boston.Jazz is a big lovable baby.He just loves my guys.Peanut is such a sweetie.It's funny when we have all the dogs together and go for walks.Peanut is an ant compared to Jazz and my guys.LOL.

wAggie
December 27th, 2003, 06:47 PM
aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwesome pic, mona!!

my biased fave is the pointer and its mixes... :D

RuffNTumble
December 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Carina, I just found this out as well. Most books I read say it is not acceptable, but I suppose they could be dated. It's funny, most of the dogs I have seen that are up for adoption were mantles, or at least described as such. I can't wait to post pictures of her on here, but they are just getting developped!

1john44
February 9th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I will third the lab. I have a mixed Keashound that is the world to me also, but if I was to look for a dog, it would be a lab.

Luba
February 9th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I have no favourite...it's all about the dog and it's personality!

Whoever's with me is my favourite :D

1john44
February 9th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Well, you ahve a point. I wasn't looking for my rascal when we went to the pound, but he was looking for us! Couldn't leave without him. It was torture waiting for him to be released from the vet after being fixed!

LavenderRott
February 9th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Can't believe I missed this one!

I have had many different breeds of dogs over the years, but I must say, rottweilers are my favorite.

Dee_petlover
February 9th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I can narrow it down to a group.

the group is hounds-the bigger and sloppier the better! I have a Bluetick coonhound and a beagle.

I would love someday to have a bloodhound.

Love the goofy personalities and they are always so loving.

Lucky Rescue
February 10th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Pit bulls!:D Sweet, loving, smart goofballs who make you laugh every single day!
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/1960669/37962989.jpg

Actually, Dobies are my fave breed...but oh well!

LavenderRott
February 10th, 2004, 12:42 AM
While I will probably never own another beagle, who can resist this?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pfd31f9f06b3f5f0ee05ce82fc54193f6/fa7f23a0.jpg

But here is my heart-dog, no doubt about it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p56a60141fefe341f5db2aba2624fdcc8/fa894f50.jpg

1john44
February 10th, 2004, 07:39 AM
I grew up with Dob's! They are wonderful dogs. I have never known a mean one, unless of course you went petting their belly fast enough!:D

One of the ladies I work with has a bassett hound, and she swears she will always have one. HER name is Fred, and she is spoiled spoiled spoiled rotten. We had a beagle, and I just loved to pet those big soft ears!

Carina
February 10th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Sandi I love that Chase pic! I've never seen that one of Missy, very cute. :)

chico2
February 10th, 2004, 08:59 AM
My favourite dog,has four legs,a tail,a big wet nose to kiss and a big "sucky heart"and loves the company of cats and it does not matter if he is a Great Dane/Chihuahua mix.
I do find Dobermans extreemly beautiful though! :p

amaruq
February 10th, 2004, 09:14 AM
I have Dals right now....not because I find them gorgeous but because they needed me.

But if I had my choice I would love a purebred German shepard with the gold face and black mask.

Or an Afgan but I hear they are crazy dogs. I would really like a dog that doesn't come with baggage.....but knowing me I will rescue another.....which some how is the best dog?

chico2
February 10th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I agree Amaruq,a German Shepard is a wonderful dog.

1john44
February 10th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I love that pic of the beagle with the hat!!!!!!too cute. My son had a beagle that looked just like the one with the great dane. he named him Twix, get it, the black (chocolate) the brown (carmel) and the white (the cookie crunch!)

mona_b
February 10th, 2004, 12:28 PM
My babies:D

1john44
February 10th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Is the one dog really that much bigger then the other, or is he standing on something?????????????

mona_b
February 10th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Yukon is laying down.Tron is about 3' in front.
:)

1john44
February 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Oh okay! shocked me there for a second, I thought maybe you had a new breed! Midget German Shepard!;)

chico2
February 10th, 2004, 04:40 PM
MonaB,beautiful dogs,I am sooo sorry I cannot have one..:(

mona_b
February 10th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Why can't you?:(

chico2
February 10th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Firstly because I am no young chick:-) secondly I have 3 cats,one on anti-depressant:-) and our house is not big enough,Shepards are not chihuahuas:-)and under no circumstances would I leave him outside...
However there is light at the end of the tunnel,we will be moving next year to somewhere in the Niagara escarpment area,buy a house with a couple of acre,lots of room for a dog....probably would have to start with a puppy,because of my mentally disturbed cat:-)

RDM
February 11th, 2004, 09:49 PM
I will never have anything but a border collie. Several, actually.

If it's not a border collie, it's just a dog :)

RDM

Lucky Rescue
February 11th, 2004, 10:05 PM
probably would have to start with a puppy,because of my mentally disturbed cat

If you think your "mentally disturbed cat" would like a puppy - better think again!! :p

Puppies and adult cats (especially if they aren't used to dogs) are the WORST combination.

If you want a dog, I suggest you get a young adult who is already known not to harass or chase cats in any way.

That's what I did!:)

1john44
February 11th, 2004, 10:07 PM
I used to have a normal cat, but my dog changed that. One day the dog will snuggle with the cat, the next he chases it. I think he may have mulitple personalities! Talk about making life interesting!

chico2
February 11th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Lucky,I think you are right,I just have not had any dogs for many years,but you make sense,as usual
:D
We will probably stick with the cats:(
My son came over unexpectantly with his Jack Russel when we had the cats out in the backyard and I have never seen the cats climb a tree that fast and that high...
Two of them came down on their own,but my son had to climb up after Vinnie...that's how they feel about dogs:D
Is Comet still alive,you can tell me the truth,he was after all a very sick cat:(

Lucky Rescue
February 12th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Anita, I put a little update in the General Forum, Here! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3081)

Spoiled
February 13th, 2004, 10:14 AM
My favourite breed would probably be a Golden Retriever, or a Chocolate Lab, but I like Poodles to.

1john44
February 13th, 2004, 10:28 AM
LABS! We actually went looking for a golden retriever. Our son wanted one, so we did some research and decided it was a great dog to have, so we went hunting! They were running more then what we had hoped to spend, when one of the breeders told us another option was the lab. So we looked into that, and it didn't take long, before we had a yellow male puppie! And I was hooked. I am sure that if something happens to my boy we would be okaywith getting a goldie as I am told they personality wise are just like the labs, but I do LOVE my lab.

Spoiled
February 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I like the gentle personalitys of Labs and Goldens. They're supposed to be wonderful with kids. Sometimes I visit one, and he's gentle, except he jumps up. How do you stop a dog like that from jumping up? He's to big to ignore like some dog trainers suggest.

1john44
February 13th, 2004, 09:03 PM
You can't ignore them. That just makes them more determined to get your attention! My labs are the best with kids! My kids use them as pillows and the labs now expect it. If the kids are laying on the ground away from the dogs, the dogs move over and shove their nose under their heads, until they wiggle under them!

Rolex
February 15th, 2004, 10:25 PM
I love all dogs. But my first would be the lab. I now have a black lab/border collie mix. Roxie's beautiful and I love her to pieces. She's a bit on the 'rascally' side but she's only 10 weeks old. Before that we had a sheltie/poodle mix and she was the most lovable dog I had ever known. Unfortunately she passed away last September at the age of 18 years old.

Nothing beats a four legged friend who loves you no matter what.:D

cuervo qt
March 8th, 2004, 09:58 PM
My favorite dog is a beagle. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed but are all heart and will follow their nose anywhere!

Jennie
March 11th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I LOVE Siberian Huskys. They are my favourite kind of dog breed.

doggy lover
March 12th, 2004, 03:21 PM
:p I would love any dog right now something to snuggle with, I miss mine........My cats ruled Travis but wait until I get a new puppy their world is going to change.....lol

cmt489
March 12th, 2004, 03:29 PM
No doubt about it - Akitas are my first choice with Shibas coming in at a close second (can you tell that I am not into obedience training?? LOL)

wAggie
March 13th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by chico2
Lucky,I think you are right,I just have not had any dogs for many years,but you make sense,as usual
:D
We will probably stick with the cats:(
My son came over unexpectantly with his Jack Russel when we had the cats out in the backyard and I have never seen the cats climb a tree that fast and that high...
Two of them came down on their own,but my son had to climb up after Vinnie...that's how they feel about dogs:D
Is Comet still alive,you can tell me the truth,he was after all a very sick cat:(

Anita... there's always dogs who's temperament is much more relaxed & calm... ones that dont get as anxious around a cat that others do... maybe even an older one.

but what I'd worry about is whether that dog will get enough attention. if 1 cat wont go near the dog, and the other two dog find him all that interesting since they got one another. YOU will be that dog's ultimate companion. and you're going to have to divide yourself btw him AND the three others who've had 1/3 of your attention already... taking a bit more away so that you can show the dog how much you care may create hostility... or it may not.

that depends on our other 2 cats and what they can handle.

good luck :)

chico2
March 13th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Aggie,I wrote that post a while back and had to back-track to check:D
Any animal that would ever come into my house would be loved and cared for.
I would LOVE to have a dog especially one of those poor dogs in a shelter,but common sense tells me,it's not a good idea:(
Yes,you are right,my cats would put up a fuzz,they are incredibly spoiled(loved)we almost live our lives around them and their time-table:D
We also go away a couple of times a year and one of my sons stay here at the house,I don't even leave the cats alone for a week-end:o
He,however is terrified of dogs,any dogs.
Even if we do move in a year or so,it would be very difficult to get a dog with my cats and I think I am too old for the stress it would cause for me,the dog and my cats.
So even though I would love to have a dog,I don't think it will happen:(
We've had dogs before,in Sweden we had a Chow/Shepard mix,a wonderful dog and here in Canada we had a Collie/Shepard and a Cockerspaniel.

BlackDog
March 13th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Sadly have no pictures.

But a Border Collie [my Queen is a red and white Border Collie]

And then a boxer [my other dog, is a white Boxer]

wAggie
March 14th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Anita, you can say you have enough pets as it is!

(add your hubby to the equation ;) )

Patita
March 14th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Mine is Jack Russells! :)

chico2
March 14th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Yes Aggie,you're right,I do:D
What I really would like is:One cow(loove those big brown eyes!!)one horse,a couple of pigs,chickens,maybe I'd throw in a Llama a few dogs and tons of cats and they would all die of old age:D
But first I have to win the big one on Loto 649:D

wAggie
March 14th, 2004, 10:48 AM
AHEM

but I plan on winning the 649 this coming wknd... YOU take the next one...
:p ;)

Patita, that JR is ADDDDDDDDDDorable!! isn't it wirehaired? :D

chico2
March 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM
ok,but I am older than you,I might not have that much time left to enjoy my millions,so you take the next one,ok!!!

wAggie
March 14th, 2004, 11:33 PM
hey! that's not a good comeback! :eek:

I... I.-I have to INVEST it! ;) :p

Carina
March 14th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Patita
Mine is Jack Russells! :)

Patita that is just a totally adorable picture!!

rexdoggieowner
July 30th, 2004, 01:27 PM
I have a border collie pup... LOTS OF WORK... but always playful... and smart

Cactus Flower
July 30th, 2004, 02:01 PM
My favorite breed was the beagle.....until I got my Dane. Now I'll never go back. Never never.

I still have a special love for beagles, always will. But a Dane-free life is out of the question!

glasslass
July 30th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I missed this thread! But have really enjoyed reading it. OK, you all know I'm a poodle lover/owner. Not for everybody. You have to love the grooming, and I do. I have some respiratory problems and they're hypoallergenic. Perfect for a small yard in town. No odor, no shedding, active, loving, sensitive, intelligent little clowns. A size for everybody! Love em!

mastifflover
July 30th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Well it is mastiffs for me, partial to English and Neapolitans

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Boo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/lying.jpg
English Mastiff Buddy followed by Neapolitan Mastiff Boo 2001-2004

crazyontrt
August 6th, 2004, 03:40 PM
I love all dogs....but German Shepherds have won my heart! :p

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Mastifflover - That's the first pic I've ever seen of Buddy - he's handsome!!!

I would have to say my favourite is definately now a Pit Bull. Absolutely LOVE them!! I am very partial to Golden Retrievers as well... luckily one of Briggs' boyfriends is a Golden!!

katy82
August 6th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I think I have to say that I don't have a favourite breed...but I am a big fan of the fluff balls!

Babs
August 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM
My favorite breed tends to be whatever I have at the time.

During my teen years, it was a Pleasantly Plump beagle named Charlie:

http://www.babayaaga.com/images/charlie.jpg

During my college years, it was a Divinely Debonair Doberman named Duke:

http://www.babayaaga.com/images/duke.jpg

Today in my 30's, it's a Masterpiece Mutt, named Loki! (Well, Pit/Boxer cross):

http://www.babayaaga.com/images/Lokicomic.jpg

Lately I've been developing an interest for BullMastiffs. We've been debating getting a "friend" for Loki, and recently moved to a house where we have a lot of room! I have read that they are massive couch potatoes! Loki herself is a couch potato, and something similar is what we're looking for.

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Computer Whizzzzzzzz! (I hope not :eek: )
Cute pictures. Has Loki learned how to delete yet? :D

mastifflover
August 9th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Loki is very cute at least he sits at the computer bud just drools on me or the keyboard. I have learned after 3 keyboard killed due to drool we are wireless now.

Shelby
August 10th, 2004, 03:29 AM
My favourite is pretty much anything with a short/sleek coat, but in particular, Weimeraners and German Shorthaired Pointers..

wAggie
August 10th, 2004, 12:01 PM
O M G... OOOOOOOO M GGGG!!!

Shelby, as soon as i get home, i'm saving that pic!!!!!!!!

the aristocratic-ness of the poses is farrr too stunning, i'm speechless!

(at mommy's for lunch now :o )

shihtzulover
August 10th, 2004, 03:40 PM
My favorite of course is the Shih Tzu. Because my baby Sophie is just sooooo cute.

wAggie
August 10th, 2004, 05:51 PM
SHELBY, i forgot to ask - are they yours?

how old, when'd u get them, how do they get along? etc, etc, ETC!!

:D :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

glasslass
August 10th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I'm trying to figure out if that's Big Bird's feet sticking out from under there! :D

Babs
August 10th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Gorgeous pics!

Thankfully, Loki hasn't found the delete key yet! :)

Shelby
August 11th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Hi Waggie, yes, they are mine. You want me to tell you about my dogs?? We could be here all day!!!
That's Wilson on the left (german shorthaired pointer) and Isabella (Izzy) on the right (Weimeraner). Wilson is 10 months old today, and Izzy turned 1 last month. They are the BEST of friends, all the do all day is sleep, eat and play! They have never had an argument and fingers crossed it stays that way!
They have the loveliest nature's, although they can be very active, they both love jumping on the bed in the mornings on the weekends for a sleep in!

I just love them!

meggie1425
August 11th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I LOVE German Shepherds ! :)

SSAC
August 11th, 2004, 04:24 PM
heinz 57...there's no other keinz. Had an OES once, she was brilliant! Would like to have another some day. If beautiful mutts stop knocking at my door! :D

heidiho
August 11th, 2004, 05:02 PM
German Shepherds have my vote also,,,

foxynikky69
August 12th, 2004, 05:43 PM
I would have to agree with shihtzulover, I love them to death especially my lil baby girl rag-a-muffins :P

wAggie
August 12th, 2004, 07:25 PM
SHELLLLLLLLLLLBY, my long lost friend!

:D :D :D :D this almost sounds too good to be trrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuue

lMAO, u gotta start posting more pix of those two!

we gotta introduce them to my Honey & Chocolate! ;) ;)

who came first? wilson or izzy? and why did u choose them? and why at that age? (i personally couldn't survive w 2 CHocolates when he was young, u go girl!!)

Shelby
August 12th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Hey Waggie,
We got Izzy first, we got her by accident (well, kind of an accident). My husband has ALWAYS wanted a German Shorthaired Pointer,and when I called around looking for puppies, one of the breeders also bred Weimeraners and she just happened to have 2 litters (one longhaired and one shorthaired)that were ready to go, so I begged my husband just to go and have a look at them, he didn't have to get one if he didn't want to. But they were all so cute, he just couldn't help himself. Weimeraner's are the most beautiful puppies, I've attached a pic of Izzy when she was about 10 weeks old. The reason why we got Wilson soon after is because we felt bad leaving Izzy at home by herself when we were at work. She hates being alone and started to become very destructive, she ate ALL my plants and was digging holes next to the house (I think she was trying to get in). Now that we have Wilson, we have a running track around the outside of our yard!!

I would love to introduce my two to Chocolate and Honey, I think they would LOVE chasing eachother!! But I don't think I can bring my puppies to Toronto for a holiday from Australia!!

goldenblaze
August 12th, 2004, 10:54 PM
No favourite but I sure love my Golden Retriever and Shih Tzu I have now. I love all dogs, between my mom and 2 sisters and brother we have 13 dogs. All shapes sizes and all loved the same. :)
Many from shelters only 4 from breeders.

Cactus Flower
August 13th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooooh I want to pet the weimeraner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wAggie
August 13th, 2004, 10:51 AM
hehe hehehehehehe

i know, i know... austr-ay-ian's sooooooooo far away.

they've very lucky to have one another, it's the same reason why I got Honey for Chocolate. :)

hey, Shelby, a girl can always dream ;)

do u keep them outdoors at all times? how does it work?

heidiho
August 13th, 2004, 11:13 AM
That face wowww

NicInNC
June 30th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Hey Waggie,
We got Izzy first, we got her by accident (well, kind of an accident). My husband has ALWAYS wanted a German Shorthaired Pointer,and when I called around looking for puppies, one of the breeders also bred Weimeraners and she just happened to have 2 litters (one longhaired and one shorthaired)that were ready to go, so I begged my husband just to go and have a look at them, he didn't have to get one if he didn't want to. But they were all so cute, he just couldn't help himself. Weimeraner's are the most beautiful puppies, I've attached a pic of Izzy when she was about 10 weeks old. The reason why we got Wilson soon after is because we felt bad leaving Izzy at home by herself when we were at work. She hates being alone and started to become very destructive, she ate ALL my plants and was digging holes next to the house (I think she was trying to get in). Now that we have Wilson, we have a running track around the outside of our yard!!

I would love to introduce my two to Chocolate and Honey, I think they would LOVE chasing eachother!! But I don't think I can bring my puppies to Toronto for a holiday from Australia!!

Oh how beautiful! My sister and her family are going today to pick up a Weimeraner puppy from Georgia. They're going to name her that too except spell it Jorgia.....or something like that...lol

shannon1233A
June 30th, 2005, 04:40 PM
German Shepherd, and Alaskan Malamute are tied! Here's a pic of Shannon, can't post Kenzie the Mal, how do you guys get 2 pics in your posts! This one is only 49 and it tells me maximum of 1 file per post to upload????

Angeleyes1437
June 30th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I LOVE THEM ALL!!!

Yet, in my experience I love my late gentle, sweet, intelligent Suzy (poodle)... she was great. However, I must say that no dog has ever made me laugh like my American Pit Bull Terrier... especially with all they go through- they are very special to me. I am so happy I ended up with this breed, I really needed a 60lbs. and growing pup who thinks he's a lap dog, makes me laugh and smile constantly, loves to do tricks, and is a well rounded sweet baby boy.

I wish they could have met :(

angie79
June 30th, 2005, 05:00 PM
wow seems like everyone who posted are big dog people.....

I enjoy a big dog but my fav. is one that can cuddle on the couch, my fav...... mini schnauzer so much personality in a small body.... but never met one who didn't think he was a big dog....

my angel still has a face to die for but he was only 5 weeks here

Angeleyes1437
June 30th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I'm a big, small, medium sized dog person... lol... as long as they want to snuggle :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 30th, 2005, 07:48 PM
my favorite is an English Cocker Spaniel I actually met some the other day and they were so sweet I just know it is the right dog for us. I do also like the big dogs like golden retreivers, newfies and saint bernards.

Rottielover
June 30th, 2005, 08:15 PM
I will always now fill my home with a rottie, LOOOOOOOOOOOVE them

Kariia
June 30th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Hmm.
Chow Chows, Pomeranians, Pitbulls, Labs, Goldens, Keeshonds, Shibas, Poodles, Neapolitan Mastiffs, Dogue de Bordeauxs, Boxers, Dalmatians, Beagles, Daschunds, Rottweilers, GSDs....

Okay, all breeds. xP

Copper'sMom
June 30th, 2005, 11:19 PM
WOW This is an old thread from 2001! Somebody's been doing some diggin'!

Well, I'd have to say my favorite breed is the Pit Bull but only because I own 2! But before I ever got my baby boy, Copper, I really loved Great Danes! Some day I'll probably have one but it won't be for at least 12 years(hopefully more which means my dogs will live longer)! I also like the standard poodle and Weimeraners(sp??). I also like Mastiffs too! Oh and Afgahn Hounds and Grey Hounds and Italian hounds!! I have too many favorites!! I love them all!!

Lissa
July 1st, 2005, 10:26 AM
I have a huge list of dogs that I have researched that I would LOVE to own. But seeing as I think this thread is more directed at a breed you have had some experience with and therefore dubbed your favourite, I would have to say: American/English Foxhounds (surprise, surprise!! ;) )

Although sometimes I do wish I had a more responsive and attentive dog, like a Beauceron!

But how could I live without a goofy hound!??

Kariia
July 1st, 2005, 10:33 AM
xD

That is HILARIOUS, Lissa. xD

That's why I like hounds. Crazy, funny, cute, affectionate, lovable...and hard to train.

Prin
July 1st, 2005, 12:01 PM
Newfs, dobies, Weims (they're so stubborn though), huskies, pugs and anything huge (with doggies, I feel the bigger the better). I also have a soft spot for labs and lab mutts.

I grew up with dobies, a newf, a lab, and for a tiny period, a pom. I love dobies, but I could never have one again. I'd spend all my time comparing it with my beloved red dobie. He was my soul mate and I never want any dog to ever remotely be compared to him. They all deserve to stand on their own.

I really want a newf, but I can't buy from a breeder as long as there are doggies to adopt...

With Boo, I get all the good personality of the newf (and the hugeness), without the hair. But he's got the Weim stubbornness and goofiness. A friend of mine saw Boo tired for the first time yesterday. She was stunned-- he gets the newf eyelid-droop when he's tired. It's really gross. With Jemma, I get all the good parts of the husky-- she is the reason I like huskies. She showed my what people see in them. The lab part takes the edge off and makes her swim.. :)

Here they are last Christmas. (jemma is being very submissive-- she doesn't like to be placed... :o )

Safyre
July 1st, 2005, 01:18 PM
Ahh, ppl love to dig for threads lately.

My favourite, as most will know, is the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. Toller for short.

My other favourite breed would be Boston Terrier, my grnaparents had Bostons for over 30 years, then my family did when we were yong, and my fathers till has one named Brandon :)

toby's tracy
July 1st, 2005, 01:29 PM
and my favourite are big, solid, smooth coated dogs. In particular the Tobydog, who will one day be big and solid and somewhat smooth coated :love:

Kismutt
July 2nd, 2005, 03:45 AM
My favorite breed of dogs are Black & Tan Coon Hounds and GSD's. My guys....

Kismutt
July 2nd, 2005, 03:52 AM
My German Shepherd Dog.....rescued at 6 weeks old from a dirty old cube van 10 years ago.

Lissa
July 2nd, 2005, 09:48 AM
Kismutt - wow, what great looking dogs! Of course, I'm partial to hounds as well - I love the snow beard! :D

Kismutt
July 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks Lissa. I would take a hound over a shi-shi poo-poo dog any day ;)

Syxtus
July 2nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Colie Shepard and recently discovered charmers, hounds

Kismutt
July 2nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Great Picture Syxtus. :love:

babyrocky1
July 2nd, 2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks Lissa. I would take a hound over a shi-shi poo-poo dog any day ;)
Kissmutt- I always thought the technical name for that breed was Fruu Fruu dogLOL!
Anyway, although my favorite breed now would have to be my own "pit bull" or Staffy Bull. Before I actually owned a dog my Fave was Newfie and St Bernard, I now really like Burmese Mountain Dogs too. Big and Fluffy thats how I liked them! Rocky was an unplanned parenthood situation, he has no fluff, but I wouldnt trade him for all the fluffys in the world. :)

Kismutt
July 2nd, 2005, 11:35 PM
Kissmutt- I always thought the technical name for that breed was Fruu Fruu dogLOL!:)

Fruu Fruu dog. I never heard that term. I like that better :)

Anyway, although my favorite breed now would have to be my own "pit bull" or Staffy Bull. Before I actually owned a dog my Fave was Newfie and St Bernard, I now really like Burmese Mountain Dogs too. Big and Fluffy thats how I liked them! Rocky was an unplanned parenthood situation, he has no fluff, but I wouldnt trade him for all the fluffys in the world. :)

I have never had a BMD or a St.Bernard yet. But I love the look and feels of them too. Great Pyrnese (sp??) facinate me as well. I can just imagine the hair on the couch !

There isn't any breed of dog I don't like. When I was a kid I was bitten badly by a Bouvier. To this day they intimidate me, and I just can't help myself. When I walk up to one, I just know I am giving off nervous vibes, and that is not a good thing to do to a strange dog! I think I need threapy from a Bouvier Pychiatrist :)

levimh
July 3rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
I would have to say my number one favourite breed is the "Levi" breed. Haha!

But I do have to say that I love Pugs, English/French Bulldogs, APBT, Vizsla (the correct spelling slipt my mind), Boston Terriers, Cao De Fila De Sao Miguel, and all the hounds are gorgeous...

babyrocky1
July 3rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
I love that pic, Levimh!

coppperbelle
July 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM
:) I love all breeds and mixes too but my favoriite is the Golden Retriever. :pawprint:

nymph
July 4th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Ahh, ppl love to dig for threads lately.

My favourite, as most will know, is the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. Toller for short.

My goodness, Justice looks just like Diego! No recent pictures, but Diego has significantly "goldened".

What a beautiful toller!

Nick_N
July 20th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I love Doberman Pinscher

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 22nd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Okay I know you all have seen this one already and I will have more soon, but once again my favorite is the English Cocker Spaniel. Although I do like all dogs once we get Joey all settled we may consider getting a nice mutt too.

BeagleMum
July 23rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
I love Beagles. Can you tell why?

badger
July 23rd, 2005, 10:26 AM
I like all of 'em, but especially hounds and...schnauzers, particularly the standard, they are so tough, and intelligent.

doggy lover
July 23rd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Wow this is an old thread, I was without a dog at the time of this one. So my fav now would be my beautiful red border collie.

doggy lover
July 23rd, 2005, 10:42 AM
but I love all dogs, here is a pic of my last dog a BMD X GSD

ILoveMutts!
July 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I like many breeds. A few I've met, others I've read about. Here's a list:

English Cocker Spaniel
Brittany
Toller
Sheltie
Collies (Border Collie, Scotch Collie, English Shepherd, Australian Shepherd)
Kooikerhondje
Basenji
Whippet
Pharaoh Hound
English Foxhound
Beagle
Spitz (Finnish Spitz, Icelandic Sheepdog, American Eskimo, Japanese Spitz, Samoyed)
Parson Russell Terrier
Bull Terrier
Dogo Argentino

But a mutt owns my heart!

Dogastrophe
July 25th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I'm a sucker for the scruffy mutts of the terrier variety. Always amazed at how much high energy badness can be jammed into such a cute face.

Byrd
August 8th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I have too many faves to pic just one... or two...Australian Shepherd, Husky, Borzoi, Standard Poodle, Papillon, Boston Terrier, Weimeriner, Dalmation, to name a few.

The red Border Collie looks a lot like my Aussie, no wonder people get her confused.

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 09:45 PM
(I just asked for some in the Intro section... :o thanks!! :) You can always post more... We love pics... ;) )

doggy lover
August 9th, 2005, 10:11 AM
What a nice dog you have.

.sarah
August 23rd, 2005, 01:17 AM
Labs are my favorites too! I also love Goldens & Great Danes... and many others!

Sneaky
August 23rd, 2005, 05:09 AM
My Favorite dog of all time is the
Bull Mastiff. How can anyone not love
that huge friendly drooly face!!
My second choice would be Chihuahuas.
And then my 3rd 4th 5th would be Nova Scotia
Duck Toller, Bouvier, Poodle.
I am owned by a 10lb female long haired Chi
named Muffin
With her halfway to fully grown in hair:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/SoSnEaKy/PicsNewPC11021.jpg

With her slick summer do:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/SoSnEaKy/PicsNewPC16076.jpg

Zues is my baby
August 23rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
I love Neo Mastifffs they are big dogs but super smart. There faces are soo sappy you can't help but fall in love. :thumbs up

babyzena
September 16th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Mona
Your dogs are absolutely beautiful....... I also have a GSD... her name is Zena and as soon as i can figure out how to put her picture on here with out messing it up i will share it with you all.
Babyzena

mona_b
September 16th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Thank you babyzena.

Yukon is no longer with us.On the 21st it will be a year that he left us. :sad: :( :( .We still miss him so very very much.

I would love to see a pic of your girl.

To post it,all you do is go to "manage attachments"then upload it. :)

mastifflover
September 16th, 2005, 08:40 PM
What can I say but Mastiffs English and Neopolitan. Any big droolly dog can steal my heart.

jiorji
September 24th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Great Danes and German shepherds ...it's a tie I can't decide :D :D :D

Crystal M
September 24th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Let's see..........first I had a st-bernard, then a beagle and another stray mut,a lab, another mutt of some sorts, then a pit bull, and a mix rottie.............my favorite???? I would have to say I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!
Big and small, brown or blue makes no difference to me.

Terrie
September 24th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Mona,
Aren't they beautiful? So well behaved too... ( Well allot of work goes into that ! :thumbs up )
Here's one of Kuma I took last week... Played his little heart out!
Whatta HAM !

Terrie
September 24th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I'm a proud Mamma !

love my dogs
September 24th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Pitties are my favorite, especially when they are pups!

chico2
September 25th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Terrie,your Kuma is stunning,you should be a proud mommy :D
The little pittie-pup is just too cute for words,love his wrinkles..

BullLover
September 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Awwww. Is that Duke?

Maximellion
September 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Apparently I'm the only "Bird Brain" and "Ball Boy" Enthusiast around here - otherwise known as English Springer Spaniels:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Maximellion/KIF_0910.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Maximellion/KIF_0903.jpg