Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cat - Milton, ON - Thompson and Mcuaig area ~ Cat was found

amna
January 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
My cat Mishi, slipped out on Jan 6th 2012, around the Thompson and Mcuaig area, and we have been looking frantically for her everywhere!!
Mishi is a medium build, orange/brown and white calico tabby.
Plz chk under your decks, garages, BBQs, backyards, anywhere she can hide.
Its getting really cold outside and we are worried sick for her.
PLZZ help us find her.
Contact RIZ @{removed}

chico2
January 13th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Wow,what a beautiful girl,I:pray:you find her,or she finds her way home:pray:
Did you put up posters?? Knock on doors,maybe someone has taken her in..
If you have a front/back porch,put out something familiar to her,litter,bedding or something llike that.
Go outside at night,as a scared cat is more likely to come out of hiding after dark,bring a treatbag,a flashlight shone in to bushes will reflect her eyes..Good Luck!

amna
January 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Thank u chico2. Yes...i have done all those things, but have had no luck so far!! Whats making me more worried is the cold weather thats coming in. Its already minus 3 outside rite now, with snow, and its going to drop further!!
Im just praying to God, that she comes home!!!

chico2
January 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Has she been outside before? Is she familiar with the area??

amna
January 13th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Only in our back yard, and my neighbours back yard. Never further than that!!!

amna
January 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I still havent found my cat, and Im getting desperate, so if this request sounds that way, plz understand!!
If anyone reading this post/ forum has a dog with a good sniffing capability and willingness to find stuff and are willing to help me find my cat, plz contact us @ 647-829-5510.
I am getting this way, coz the average temperature for the next week is going to be below -10 degrees, and the few sightings ppl have had of her are all outside!!

Winston
January 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Please try to put out his litter box and something with yours and his scent on it...sometimes they are hiding so close to home and way too afraid to come out.

amna
January 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Winston...we have put have put up posters, gone searching in the wee hours of the night with a bag of kitty treats, have her litter out and have spread it all around the yard and front. And I just put out the basket which she used to sleep in (and has peed on occasionally) and i put a sweater of mine out also!!!
Ive even contacted the Peel region police to see if they would let me hire out one of their K9 units (yes...thats pretty desperate!!) but they wouldnt on account of them having very few to start with!!!

cpietra16
January 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
please check in your neighbors pools, sheds, underbrush....cats are never too far away from home. good luck

chico2
January 14th, 2012, 05:15 PM
amna,I am sorry you have not found her yet,someone might have taken her in,if you are desperate enough,which I would be,knock on the doors of all the houses in your street and ask if they've seen her.
People sometimes don't read posters. I always do,but I love cats and hate to read that one is missing.

amna
January 16th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Paw prints in the snow!! Dont know if its her, but some cat came to our door steps, between 330 in the night and 630 in the morning!!!
I keeping my fingers crossed its her and not some other cat!!!:pray:

Winston
January 16th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Do you have a porch area that she could be hiding in or sheds? Pawprints are a good sign. I wonder if you try to be up at that time with treats if she may come out of hiding?

amna
January 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
We do have a small deck, but its big enuf underneath for us to chk, so she wasnt there. But yes, I might stay up late to see if she comes back in the night with food!!!

hazelrunpack
January 16th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Oh, I hope it's her! :fingerscr Good luck tonight, amna!! :goodvibes:

amna
January 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I have best news!!!! :cat: My cat is home!!!!!!!!!! :party:
She was hiding under my neighbours deck behind my house!!! It took an hour and a half of coaxing with no luck at first. But she ate from my hand and when I went back after an hour to see if she would come out, she called me to come and get her!!!!
THANK YOU everyone for your support and kind words of hope and all the tips!! :grouphug:
I couldnt have found a better bunch of ppl!!!
ps...the paw prints on my deck were hers!! :)

growler~GateKeeper
January 16th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Wonderful news! :highfive:

Original post edited to remove contact info.

hazelrunpack
January 17th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Hurray!! I'm so happy for both of you, amna!! :highfive: :D

Marty11
January 17th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I love happy endings.....:thumbs up